ss2 init error please help im stuck

mastercare

Reaction score
hi had ss2 card for a while now and trying to get hh 100 diseqc to work...
ok ive downloaded diseqc 1.2 skystar 2 v1.8 ive backed up and replaced the skynet.sys file in windows system 32 drivers......loaded my theartre and clicked on plugs ins there is the diseqc i configured it with my long and latitude i dragged the satellite tp list in fine....rebooted pc a dozen times but i get the above error what ever button i click on in configuration my motor is the gb sat h100 motor but im lost as to why this error...read on the forum abt setting it up but no one seems to have had this error....its as if the the plugin is not talking to my skystar 2 pci card....im running the 428 drivers.......
please any advise would be great....
paul.....

mastercare

Reaction score
ramzi1188 said:
try to use progdvb instead of my theatre

i tried progdvb but all i get with that is device not started?
it will for some reason start twinham which is in list but not my ss2...i know i had this problem b4 but i cant remember what the cure was....but tnx for the reply i thought i had bad breath....never tried to get card to move dish b4 so im new to this side...tnx
paul

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
You need to install some of the other guff that came on the installation CD. The setup4PC stuff or whatever it's called. Install everything except DVBViewer and then reapply the new DiSEqC skynet.sys, plugin (.exe and .dll and sat list etc).

Once you've done that, you can stop the stupid setup thing starting at boot by removing the shortcut from the startup folder in 'All Users' on XP.

STICK

kalamar

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
Yep Yep
I agree yep yep Good advice there STICK whaaaas up man?
K

that cat down at Brighton.....Sure plays a mean pinball !!

s*t*a*r*m*a*n

Reaction score
My Location
scotland
Yes good advice install everything. i have had that ss2 init error aswell and installing all the drivers and stuff usually works. i get the mpeg codec missing if i dont. I do not use disecq though i probably could but i just use a pace sat programmer and type in the number of the satellite i want and then just go to disecq in progdvb and choose the satellite im on then tune in the channels that way.

willis013

Reaction score
make sure the B2C2 broadband receiver enabled in ur network connections.

WinXp
Control panel --> network connections --> look for the lan which uses "B2C2 broadband receiver" in the device name