Force 1145S
Pace 2600
SS2 pci & USB
Channel master 1.8m
1.2m & HH motor
AMD 64 bit, Linux & Windows XP2
My Location
Ibiza, Spain
Can anyone tell me if I can get the remote that came with my SS2 card to work in ProgDVB, if so, how. It works fine in ProgViewer with win lirc installed.

Ghost_inside2003

Reaction score
Hello,

Yes, it is possible, but you must install and configure a software called Ginder and a plugin made exclusively for the nexus remote that you can find at the official website of Ginder, it is a small executable file, so you must be careful not downloading it from unknown sources. By the way, Ginder is commercial.

Now, I must admit that I didn't make it work as I expected, but it does work, you won't have the fancy feature of entering a number to switch to that specific channel, but all the other functions like recording, mute channel up and down can be configured.

Just do a search for Ginder, the plugin used for the nexus is "irdvb.exe"

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
If its something you have on your PC Ghost, and its not too large then zip it up and attach on your post.

I picked up a remote and the serial port eye last week for £12 off eBay. Ill be fitting in in a few days time

Ghost_inside2003

Reaction score
Hello again,

I have uploaded the plugin installer, but you will have to search for yourself the Ginder version 329, it is the one that is still freeware.

I advise you to read as much as possible because the configuration and fine tuning is beyond me, basically when everything is working, you will have to assign keyboard keys to the remote different key presses through Ginder using the "Learning Mode" to make it interact with the ProgDVB application.

This plugin is only for the original Nexus-Remote, Universal remotes using a serial receiver require the Igor plugin (IgorPlug).

P.S.

Remember to scan any files downloaded with an Antivirus, I will not be responsible if you damage your equipment or if anything goes wrong.

moyhim

Reaction score
Satslut said:
Can anyone tell me if I can get the remote that came with my SS2 card to work in ProgDVB, if so, how. It works fine in ProgViewer with win lirc installed.

PRESUMED ON U HAVE THE TS35 SKYSTAR2 REMOTE.
u need to configure it in win lirc, make sure u have it set to the right COM port etc.

i have attached the default configurations with this post.
mine is working fine, just some trial and error needs testing on it.

Also is there a way to use the numbers on the remote with progdvb, b cos in the controls, it has all other commands aprt from the ctual numbers.

Ghost_inside2003

Reaction score
I am sorry, I realise now I made a mistake, the correct plugin for the SS2 is called Igor and can be found in the plugin section of the Ginder applicaiton website.

I was originally referring to the SS1 remote.

My apologies.

kalamar

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
Ghost_inside2003 said:
I am sorry, I realise now I made a mistake, the correct plugin for the SS2 is called Igor and can be found in the plugin section of the Ginder applicaiton website.

I was originally referring to the SS1 remote.

My apologies.

I think RitzDVB 0.5.0.6 uses the Nova remote without plugs.My Nexus works fine with ProgDVB without any mods to anything. And here is a file for Dream remote in case you want to try that too.

rob12770

fac ita
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 X Technomate TM-5302HD, Blade 7000s, triax 95cm STAB HH90, 1 M TM dish TM2300 super motor.
My Location
Glasgow

Satslut

Dumb Satellite Babe
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5500CIP
Force 1145S
Pace 2600
SS2 pci & USB
Channel master 1.8m
1.2m & HH motor
AMD 64 bit, Linux & Windows XP2
My Location
Ibiza, Spain
Downloaded DVB Dream and the remote plugin, installed them and set up the remote. All works great, I can now lay in bed and switch channels !

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Ahh, not sure we should encourage this type of lazyness! ;)