stab and trial feed

satello

My Satellite Setup
1.1 motorized Triax to a dm600
Visiosat Bisat 13 19 28E to a Vu + Duo
My Location
London
I thought to motorize my trial feed 80cm dish with a stab motor. The dish can receive 13e, 19e and 28e
If I set the middle LNB (pointing @ astra1 19e) as motorized, and leave the other two offset on a diseqc switch, in theory I should have a motorized system without losing the speed of zapping. This because when I switch the stab on any channel on astra 1 19e, the other 2 LNBs (hotbird 13e and astra2 28e) would be aligned automatically..

Is this pure fantasy or a faceble project?
Many thanks

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Not sure whether you can combine a DiseqC switch and DiseqC motor on the same receiver satello.

satello

My Satellite Setup
1.1 motorized Triax to a dm600
Visiosat Bisat 13 19 28E to a Vu + Duo
My Location
London
Set the stab, but got dark and horribly cold for the project... I'll let you guys know. I read on an italian site that somebody managed to do it, but using two different dishes, a dual feed on switch a and b and a motorised one on switch c... They say it works so that's why I am giving a go. If you understand italian here is the link:

http://www.info-sat.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=12812