Standoff Bracket

sharpxl521

Reaction score
Back pestering for more advice:D .I'm looking for a standoff bracket that'll take my Triax 1.1m. It's currently pole mounted but trouble and strife wants it out of view, so it's got to go on the shed wall:rolleyes: . The only brackets i've seen online are the T&K ones and to be honest, they don't look up to the job. Anyone had any experience with these or are there better brackets i should be looking at?. Thanks.

twag42

Reaction score
My Location
Amsterdam,Holland
a dish that size shouldnt be wall-mounted if possible,especially if you have a motor on it.avoid doing anything with it at the moment, and hopefully this will give your mrs.plenty of time to get used to it.GOOD LUCK!!

TWAG

Likvid

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
There are nice wallplates you can buy from Germany, the ones i've seen from the U.K has been very odd in the design and not very high quality.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Nothing wrong with good quality T&K brackets, best to use a couple of sets for a 1.1m dish though.

I would be more concerned that the garage had a cavity and not single skin wall.

vinceben

Reaction score
As you know, 1.1M Dish needs to be secured well and most sheds that I have seen are made of wood and would be unsuitable for fixing a large dish to. T&K brackets themselves are quite heavy and need large fixing bolts to secure them properly.
You may be better off placing the dish onto a tripod stand next to the shed.
This may cost more money, but would be better solution.
If you must fix it to the shed then make sure that the pole touches the ground, or better still, placed into the ground. This will take most of the weight leaving the T&K's more as support brackets, therefore relieving pressure on the shed.

Hope this helps

sharpxl521

Reaction score
vinceben said:
As you know, 1.1M Dish needs to be secured well and most sheds that I have seen are made of wood and would be unsuitable for fixing a large dish to. T&K brackets themselves are quite heavy and need large fixing bolts to secure them properly.
You may be better off placing the dish onto a tripod stand next to the shed.
This may cost more money, but would be better solution.
If you must fix it to the shed then make sure that the pole touches the ground, or better still, placed into the ground. This will take most of the weight leaving the T&K's more as support brackets, therefore relieving pressure on the shed.

Hope this helps

Thanks for all the replies ;) . Shed strength was one of my concerns, but with some bracing between the uprights(3x4") i'll have plenty to bolt through. Still unsure about the T&K's though. 2 sets sound pretty expensive by the time i've paid for postage. Think i'll see what i can have made locally and use that to support a scaffold pole to the ground. I would have just pole mounted beside the shed but i've only got about 6inches of soil, before hitting bedrock:rolleyes: . Life would be so much easier without her indoors........but then who'd make the dinner:D