STAR Movies back in Mumbai

raleigh22

My Satellite Setup
Tata Sky, Thomson STB
My Location
Mumbai, India
Just got an alert from Tata Sky
STAR Movies is finally back in Mumbai :D

So I guess they finally censored their content now and we can all enjoy watching only "U" rated movies :p

hitman1980

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
My Satellite Setup
TataSky, Humax STB
My Location
India, New Delhi
Gr8 news for u guys... Any idea when this new broadcasting bill is coming out ? They r saying the issues like this of U or A movies will get sorted out in tht ...

rohit0103

My Satellite Setup
Tata Sky- Thomson STB
My Location
Pune india
raleigh22 said:
Just got an alert from Tata Sky
So I guess they finally censored their content now and we can all enjoy watching only "U" rated movies :p
i was watching "Red Eye" on star movies last night..though it was rated 'U' at the start ..i doubt it if it was so..kindda of voilent by 'U' standards..same for 'U-Turn' on Sony Pix..

rohit0103

My Satellite Setup
Tata Sky- Thomson STB
My Location
Pune india
i have a question over here.. these private movie channels (Star, HBO, PIX), they say they have re-edited the moviews for "Family Viewing"..but does the re-cut movie goes thru a censor authority ?? or is it left on the judgement of the management of the channels ?

O

objectionable member

Yes Jvj. There is already one unlucky one which was banned last year and another one was suspended for 3 months. The muds already banned few due to that some time back. Eg.TV6.

raleigh22

My Satellite Setup
Tata Sky, Thomson STB
My Location
Mumbai, India
rohit0103 said:
i have a question over here.. these private movie channels (Star, HBO, PIX), they say they have re-edited the moviews for "Family Viewing"..but does the re-cut movie goes thru a censor authority ?? or is it left on the judgement of the management of the channels ?
The private english movie channels were prevented from broadcating in mumbai because of the order of the bombay high court, which did not allow "A" rated movies and the rating had to be done by the Indian Censor board.

The channels were allowed to go back on air after assuring the court that they would only teleacast content rated "U" or "U/A" by the Indian Censor Board. That's why Star movies took quite some time to get back, even after HBO came back in November.