Star Sat 550 boot error!!!

lisiboy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
STAR SAT
My Location
Yu
Hello to all members of this forum.
I dont know am i doing right that im asking question, cause i just registered to this forum, and im noob with receiver (cause i just got one now lol).\
Ok the problem i have is that my receiver is not starting, when i try to turn it on it just says BOOt... and it isn't starting. I think the receiver is StarSat 550D normal and i got some key's for Tequilla (loader,software & keys) many of them, i uploaded one and they worked, the channels where working. After a day they got blocked again, so i tried to upload another software i had (i even didn't know what kind was it) and i think i damaged my receiver cause it dosn't starts now :( . Is there any way i can reset the receiver to it's factory settings so i can install it again with proper software?
Plz guys if anyone can help i appreciate it very much.
Best regards to all: Lisiboy

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
This is an all too common problem when folks do something and they dont really know what they are doing.

Before you do anything else - you can forget watching Taquilla and the other D+ channels for the time being - they are closed out to everyone. The first thing to try is flashing your receiver with the original manufacturers software, although to be honest if you only "think your receiver is a Starsat 550D" then you shouldnt be trying anything like this at all. Receiver software is not only almost always manufacturer specific, but model specific too.
Hers the starsat site:

http://www.star-sat.com/download.html

This - i tried to upload another software i had (i even didn't know what kind was it) is a definite bad thing - theres a good chance the receiver is either wrecked or difficult to fix

lisiboy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
STAR SAT
My Location
Yu
First of all thank you guys for your very fast response, im really impressed.
Ok as i said im really noob with satelites, and the best thing i had to do was not even try to put keys to receiver (when i don't know the procedures) but that's the past now. I send receiver to an receivers servis and the guy told me that he need's to take off the flash memory object in electronic plate and then format it, i don't know what he meaned with that. The reciever cannot be loaded with another software for moment cause when i turn it on, it only tries to start but in the display only shows BOOT... and it doesn't even start, so i cant upload another software for the moment ( i mean that in this way it is not turned on completely and cannot accept connection from pc).
Any other suggestions?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Sounds like you have a major corruption the flash memory chips inside the receiver (the eeproms that are the brains of the receiver). If so they may well have to be removed from the receiver to be re-written back to the manufacturers original specification.

Either pay for the repairs or sling it in the trash and buy another one, taking this episode as part of a steep learning curve into the hobby.

tamazgha2003

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 500s
My Location
tamazgha
how you do know if you dont try to put another firmware in
if you got BOOT thats mean the receiver is is not dead
he is looking for firmware inside your receiver but he cant find a good firmware
in other words you loaded the wrong firmware and thats why he shows you only BOOT

lisiboy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
STAR SAT
My Location
Yu
hmmm well thanks for reply & help "Analoguesat" .
It's brand new receiver 2 weeks ago i bought it :( , im planning to send it to servis tomorrow in another city and see what happens, cause it's expencive to buy new one in my country, i have to work whole month to buy one.
Anyways thnx for help, i really appreciate it.

@ tamazgha2003 , yes i understood now that i have uploaded wrong firmware into my receiver, but im trying with loaders to insert another one but it dosn't work.
the firmware shown on start is L324 if that means something and receiver is StarSat SR-X 550D
Regards: Lisiboy

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Sorry to hear that lisiboy. I take it you are in the Yugoslavia area. Good luck in getting your receiver fixed. When you get up and running again, someone will point you in the direction of a safer patch for your receiver. Dont try patching it with unknown software again.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
no null modem option with this receiver??

tamazgha2003

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 500s
My Location
tamazgha
the only sulution is jtag ,u can try to make a JTAG cable
here u find flas dumpfile for your receiver
h**p://www.deposat.com/depo/showthread.php?tid=114
and you need allso jkeys2_9_11_026-by-sofiane
find here
h**p://www.deposat.com/depo/showthread.php?tid=208&pid=325#pid325

dodi

Reaction score
lisiboy said:
Hello to all members of this forum.
I dont know am i doing right that im asking question, cause i just registered to this forum, and im noob with receiver (cause i just got one now lol).\
Ok the problem i have is that my receiver is not starting, when i try to turn it on it just says BOOt... and it isn't starting. I think the receiver is StarSat 550D normal and i got some key's for Tequilla (loader,software & keys) many of them, i uploaded one and they worked, the channels where working. After a day they got blocked again, so i tried to upload another software i had (i even didn't know what kind was it) and i think i damaged my receiver cause it dosn't starts now :( . Is there any way i can reset the receiver to it's factory settings so i can install it again with proper software?
Plz guys if anyone can help i appreciate it very much.
Best regards to all: Lisiboy

friend you did not mention your receiver weather it is 550d plus/super or ultra may be you download wrong software first check your model then download the software it will work again.

momoshana

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
StarSat SR-X550D , 95cm KU dish
My Location
India
lisiboy said:
I think the receiver is StarSat 550D normal

The same problem happened to me when i installed 650D on 550D. After trying many times to upload the 550D s/w, it finally uploaded. What i try was run the simpleupload2M software and when the "waiting for boob" dialogue appears click on OK button simultaneousing switching on the receiver from mains. i tried many times and finally, the correct s/w for 550d was loaded into the receiver. Now the receiver is working properly except that hardware version no has change from 9.6:)