Star sat Flash files

DeepDiver

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vista- DreamBox 7020Si Nabilo Darkstar II -7025+ Black Hole 0.11 - DM8000 BlackHole 0.11
My Location
Mariana Trench - Pacific Ocean
The new Starsat web site is listing "Flash" files for each decoder model.
Can someone pls tell me what these files are for ?

Tnx.

fkhabbaz

Reaction score
this will erase all channels inside the receiver and all key codes

i dont know if it do something else

lgregoriou

Reaction score
Last Friday I downloaded a wrong software on my receiver and it wasw blocked. I try to download the proper software and it wasn't accepted by the receiver. Then I found the flash file and I used it to "format" the receiver and load it with the proper software.

varonos

Reaction score
lgregoriou said:
Last Friday I downloaded a wrong software on my receiver and it wasw blocked. I try to download the proper software and it wasn't accepted by the receiver. Then I found the flash file and I used it to "format" the receiver and load it with the proper software.

how can do this??how can send this file to receiver?

DeepDiver

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vista- DreamBox 7020Si Nabilo Darkstar II -7025+ Black Hole 0.11 - DM8000 BlackHole 0.11
My Location
many tnx 4 answers :)

DeepDiver

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
varonos said:
how can do this??how can send this file to receiver?

You need a serial cable with the following pin connection
2---->3
3---->2
5---->5

You then need a loader, which is a s/w used to send the file to the decoder, and the file itself.
If your decoder is a starsat, you will find all you need at satsw.net

Hope it helps :)

Rayen

Reaction score
DeepDiver said:
The new Starsat web site is listing "Flash" files for each decoder model.
Can someone pls tell me what these files are for ?

Tnx.

supposly it will flash the receiver's memory. Its like using norton ghost to restore the image on a hard drive. But again, i may be wrong:)

Keep well.
Ray.

DeepDiver

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
A kind of "Reset Factory Settings" then ?

lgregoriou

Reaction score
When I used it I had to rename the file to "rom.bin" and send it to the receiver through the application "sr-x3100 tools" from www.satdw.com and the version the receiver updated was V217 and now we have V241. To be honest I thought I had to throw away my receiver and I sent an email to starsat@emirates.net.ae asking them for that type of file and they direct me to the above address.

mikba7

Reaction score
my receiver is sr-x120d.
i downloaded by mistake the last s/w for the update of my receiver wher I managed to change it from e124,2.10, 12.66 to e127,2.10.12.67 (using the cleas sw). the problem is that now i want to erase this version and update to the the E124, but i cant.im trying to use a fglash file as per your instruction but noone of what i download works with the loader i use. pls can u help?which is the right loader?
thnks in advance

DeepDiver said:
You need a serial cable with the following pin connection
2---->3
3---->2
5---->5

You then need a loader, which is a s/w used to send the file to the decoder, and the file itself.
If your decoder is a starsat, you will find all you need at satsw.net

Hope it helps :)

Rayen

Reaction score
DeepDiver said:
A kind of "Reset Factory Settings" then ?

well, let me try again:)
My satellite has 2MB Flash Memory, and 8Mb SDRam. I suspect its the same with yours:) The 2Mb flashable memory holds the decryption/emulation software, keys, channels, and all customizations that a user can do with his/her receiver. Of course the 8Mb Sdram its like our computer's RAM. it does the same thing. Its there to allow the decryption/emulator software to run! Now, the flash file that you are refering its nothing else than the BIOS, like our computer's BIOS. It actually holds the menu and all commands relating to it.
One should be very carefull when updating this!!

I am not an expert, so I may be wrong on this, u know:)

Keep well.
Ray.

DeepDiver

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Rayen said:
well, let me try again:)
My satellite has 2MB Flash Memory, and 8Mb SDRam. I suspect its the same with yours:) The 2Mb flashable memory holds the decryption/emulation software, keys, channels, and all customizations that a user can do with his/her receiver. Of course the 8Mb Sdram its like our computer's RAM. it does the same thing. Its there to allow the decryption/emulator software to run! Now, the flash file that you are refering its nothing else than the BIOS, like our computer's BIOS. It actually holds the menu and all commands relating to it.
One should be very carefull when updating this!!

I am not an expert, so I may be wrong on this, u know:)

Keep well.
Ray.

Many many thanks :D

bestguy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
StarSat SR-X 650CI SUPER 2M

PC Pentium2
i think that as long as we update our receivers successfully we'll not need that flash files but we 'll sure need it if someone updates by a wrong software or the connection fails while downloading update to the receivers as every time we update the whole software version existed erased contains the whole information so if the dowload crashes before it's complete ,a corrupted software 'll be running on the receiver ,& if you try to re download by the right software ,it'll fails. i really didn't try it before but if someone tried it for starsat ,it'll be useful to share his info

DeepDiver

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
I never tried to use the flash files either, and, as long as updates are successful, I believe I will not.

On the "upload possible failures" I just wanted to give my experiences with sr-x650ci super. Once, the upload was interrupted half way through as a dog pulled the cable away...and I had no problems...I just restarted.
Another time, as soon as I started the upload, the receiver display showed "oo", I realized something was wrong (wrong version file for that receiver), I stopped the upload, and the receiver still worked fine.

I think that updates are first sent to the receiver, and then saved (it is also displayed on the receiver). So I believe that if process is interrupted before the upload is saved, the previous version is still there, and the receiver will work....or I have just been lucky :)

THE ADVENT

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
starsat sr-x650ci super
can anybody tell me
what its the diferent 18 mar-v241 from 25 mar-ver243
i now its the new software bat which (new) channels are new

thanks

nasar

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
WIN XP