Star Track ST-15X Keys & Help

flamer

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Dish With LNB For Astra & Hotbird to Star Track ST-15X Receiver. Sky+ & Mini Dish With Basic Subscription
My Location
Cannock UK
Hi All.

I installed a Star Track ST-15X receiver a few months back, with a diseq lnb (for Astra & Hotbird satellite).

Last night, I managed to re-flash the box with the latest code and the box is auto updating again now.

I have a lot more channels open again (last week only FTA were receiving) and the inbuilt decoder seems to be working well again.

There are still many channels which are encrypted and some which do not work.

Would I be right in saying that I can input the necessary KEY into the box to allow it to open up the channel?

Will the ST-15X download ALL the keys eventually? or do I manually enter them?

The readme file for the firmware says MCT is now open, but MCT channels can not be decoded by the box.

Do I need to find keys for MCT and input them etc?

flamer

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Dish With LNB For Astra & Hotbird to Star Track ST-15X Receiver. Sky+ & Mini Dish With Basic Subscription
My Location
Cannock UK
Hi All.

So, I downloaded All Key Editor V2 (to go with my firmware for the statrack receiver).

I have found that I can 'open' the firmware for my startrack receiver into the program and view the embedded keys.

The current firmware (latest I think) I am using is:-

sw_1.3.7_051908

I have also downloaded an 'adhoc' SoftCam.key file from

htt**//w*w.freecardsharing.c*m

And found I can import this into the key editor also.

And, I can write the file back out again to sw_1.3.7_051908.

First, as the software in the Startrack should be auto update, do i even need to do this?

Secondly, after All Key Editor has modified various keys in the system and written back out to the firmware file, is this firmware file then safe to flash back into the Startrack Receiver?

Is there any benefit of doing this?

Some of the keys located in the Softcam.key file are different to the ones currently in the Startrack receiver.

Many Thanks

Flamer.

hobbytv

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
8 Foot Solid Dish
My Location
Islamabad
flamer said:
Hi All.

I installed a Star Track ST-15X receiver a few months back, with a diseq lnb (for Astra & Hotbird satellite).

Last night, I managed to re-flash the box with the latest code and the box is auto updating again now.

I have a lot more channels open again (last week only FTA were receiving) and the inbuilt decoder seems to be working well again.

Would I be right in saying that I can input the necessary KEY into the box to allow it to open up the channel?

Will the ST-15X download ALL the keys eventually? or do I manually enter them?

The readme file for the firmware says MCT is now open, but MCT channels can not be decoded by the box.

Do I need to find keys for MCT and input them etc?

Can you throw some light on the quality of 15x receiver , pros and cons.I want to buy it , compare it to Echolink 700 Super.

arron

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
my setup will be ok
My Location
united kingdom
flamer said:
hi all.

I installed a star track st-15x receiver a few months back, with a diseq lnb (for astra & hotbird satellite).

Last night, i managed to re-flash the box with the latest code and the box is auto updating again now.

I have a lot more channels open again (last week only fta were receiving) and the inbuilt decoder seems to be working well again.

Would i be right in saying that i can input the necessary key into the box to allow it to open up the channel?

Will the st-15x download all the keys eventually? Or do i manually enter them?

The readme file for the firmware says mct is now open, but mct channels can not be decoded by the box.

Do i need to find keys for mct and input them etc?
hi i just want 2 know how did u do that becuz im new here . I have star track st-15x & i wanna update but i dont know how can u help me please.

kid chino

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
star track st-15x 230cm dish dual lnb
My Location
ntinda,k'la(ug)
(QUOTE)Kid chino

hi all.ok abt the st-15x,dnt knw a lot bt this is what i knw.just get a dual lnb and a big sized dish(abt 4metres).u can upgrade the software from the satellite then all most all ur problems will b solved.6 out of 10 channels will be decrypted especially galaxy 3c.aint that enough light for ya????so u hu wanted 2 buy,,,dnt wait for bells.