Star Track - World-in-a Box DSR with FTA

jeromecyprus

Reaction score
My Location
Kissonerga, Cyprus
Has anyone heard of this Rx and who makes it? - as a first time DSR user I find the user's manual somewhat lacking in detail. No website to refer to and no hints to upgrade software etc.

Tks

jeromecyprus

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
If you use the forum search facility for "World in a box" there are several mentions of this receiver. :

jeromecyprus

Reaction score
My Location
Kissonerga, Cyprus
Thanks Mate! Let me know how you get on and if successful perhaps we can meet to discuss - I'm in Paphos

rikksow

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Huge great Dish in Cyprus
My Location
Tomb Of the Kings
Hi Jerome

Where did you buy your World-In-Box, If you bought it from a reputable dealer then they will upgrade it for free. I am the manager of a certain satellite shop in Paphos & we update our World-In-Boxes to our customers for free. All the customers have to do is call us & we will let them know that we have the latest software & then they just bring them in and it takes 5 minutes.

alternatively visit the following site www.starsw.com and download the software that pertains to your box. You will need a RS232C cable configured as below

2 to 3
5 to 5
3 to 2

when you have downloaded the program unzip it

Connect this to your computer & digibox (make sure there is no power going to the digibox) run the arioner.exe program. open the unzipped file that you wish to upgrade. then press the send program to ird, you will receive a message stating "waiting to connect request ack" now power on your digibox & it will start sending the data packet. when finished it will give you a message stating download success. Now reconnect your digibox to the dish & put the tv on to the channel that you wish to upgrade i.e. multivisi0n and wait. it will give you a message stating upgrading and eventually it will come on.

hope this is of some help

Rikk

quisling

Reaction score
Jerome,

I updated my software today, it was quick and easy with good results.

I used the above guide. Thanks very much for that Rikk, it was more concise than other versions I had found.

I purchased the unit from a dealer in Paphos (not Rikk) and he did say that he would update it for free anytime. However, since I'm in the Larnaca area it's quicker and easier for me to do it myself.

Geoff

jeromecyprus

Reaction score
My Location
Kissonerga, Cyprus
Rikk

Many tks for your useful info - think the guy who installed my kit is a one-man-band so will get him to arrange the update. Maybe I'll be able to look over the software installer's shoulder before I attempt it myself, being a bew boy to satellite stuff!

Also, thanks Quisling for your reassuring input

Jerry

rikksow

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Huge great Dish in Cyprus
My Location
Tomb Of the Kings
My pleasure guys only too glad to help. I know what it's like trying to get help at times, but one thing i can say is that you came to the best place as this is the most helpful forum that i have come across thus far.

If you get any problems just post another thread and i will try and help if i can, i'm usually on every day at some time or other.

Rikk

jeromecyprus

Reaction score
My Location
Kissonerga, Cyprus
Hi Rikk

A follow-on to my previous post - contacted the dude who I got my system from - tells me he can arrange the upgrade but it will cost me £25 for the pleasure so have decided to go for it myself! One problem - have yet to locate a shop in town that stocks such connectors - tried Computerland and a couple of others and their eyeballs just contra-rotate when I ask for such an item! Can you give me a steer? Just email me on jerome*cytanet.com.cy if you rather answer me direct.

Jerry

rikksow said:
My pleasure guys only too glad to help. I know what it's like trying to get help at times, but one thing i can say is that you came to the best place as this is the most helpful forum that i have come across thus far.

If you get any problems just post another thread and i will try and help if i can, i'm usually on every day at some time or other.

Rikk