Star Track World-In-Box & Sat Keys

rikksow

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Huge great Dish in Cyprus
My Location
Tomb Of the Kings
Can someone help me please, I have a Star Track World-in-box version 1 receiver pointed to hotbird. I am resident in Cyprus & would like to know how to go about entering sat keys, I have found relevant keys & have been through the Games menu & edit key section. But to no avail whatever i have entered does not seem to activate any channels. What am i doing wrong. I think either i must be a complete dunce or there is something i am missing. I must admit to being a relative novice but not completely.

The help i require is as follows.

a) where i am going wrong
:cool: can you recommend a reliable site where i can pick up reliable sat keys
c) can anyone recommend any decent receivers which have cracked channels for hotbird which include BBC Prime, TPS, Polsat already downloaded on them & also have a CI slot so that i can maybe buy a package like Nova Cyprus. I will need to know what the CI slot emulates for obvious reasons as to know what package to buy. It would be preferrable that the CI slot did multi-emulation as in IRDETO, Viaccess, Nagravision. I don't know if this is possible and if there are any such on the market. But would appreciate if someone could advise, price is an issue but not majorly.

Thanks in advance
Rikksow

sajidch

Reaction score
Hi Rikk
Buddy dont waste time in finding keys from different sites and enter in receiver from remote control.Just buy a RS232C cable and download Downloader software and some other utilities to complete the job.
You can download all utilities from http://brain.com.pk/~sajid/sat/
Till now most of the Hotbird channels you mention are working.If any of em doesnt work dont worry and wait only for few day and you'll get new S/W for your receiver from http://www.starsw.com

rikksow

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Tomb Of the Kings
Sajjid

thanks for that, just one more question is it only the arioner software that i require, what do the other utilities on the website do. are any of them relevant to my receiver.

Thanks in advance
Rikk

rikksow

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Tomb Of the Kings
sajidch hi, sorry to disturb you i have tried to run the arioner software but keep getting Com 1 open error. Not being too computer literate am not too sure what to do next. Could you help

thanks
Rikk vbmenu_register("postmenu_142321", true);

amjads_98

Reaction score
Check in your system configuration that your COM1 is properly configured. If yes then restart your computer and connect one end of RS 232c cable to Com1 and other to your STB (star track) then run the software and brows the file and then send the file to the stb.

best wishes

amjads_98

Reaction score
When you click the send button your stb should off from the back panal. After getting the massege "Waiting for response" you ON the switch from the back panal of stb and it will start sending the file then after completion of sending file you will again get a massege "Waiting for termation". And finally you will get the massege "Download End Succesfully". Your stb will restart itself and load the new configuration. You can check it from Information section in stb menu.

Best wishes

sajidch

Reaction score
Hi Rikk
Make Sure you use right RS232C Crossover cable.
you can check your COM port configuration in System properties (Right click on My computer icon and click properties then ho to Hardware and click Device manager) there you'll find installed COM ports.Usually COM1 is configured by default in system BIOS.So you need to check only your cable.As Amjad wrote switch Off your receiver from back panel button and click "Send program to IRD" and it'll start tranfer.
All utilities on above link are for Star Track and other Arion based receivers.Help files are included in zip or rar files you can use all utilities on ur World-in-Box.

rikksow

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Tomb Of the Kings
Dear friends

I am having major problems with this, i have the correct cable installed, I have tried checking the driver and all appears to be working fine. I have tried reinstalling the driver but am still getting Com Port 1 open error. when i ignore it i go into the arioner program which allows me to go the next step. However my box does not have an on/off switch on the back panel. the serial number on the sticker on the bottom states STK-04030-7F1653 i am not sure if this helps. When i load the program and press send program to ird i get the com 1 port open error when i press ok i get now transfering come up but nothing seems to happen

please help

gerrybee

Reaction score
Rikksow, I have a Star Track Reciver, too, and I find it really really good. Just for your info, this is my second receiver, the first was Echostar 808 2Ci with Magic Cam that's been converted to Martix ver. 1.080. I thought it will be my first and last receiver as I find it very good. But when I've tried Star Track immediately I set aside my 808!

gerrybee

Reaction score
Sorry for being offline. Let me continue, Rikksow, the first thing that pops up in my mind when you said it doesn't activate any channel is that you may have searched Hotbird while not actually pointed at Hotbird! Naturally after search is done you'll see nothing! I have not known nor heared of a receiver that's been sold or bought and yet won't open any channel.

I just hope that the original SW and Database is still intact as I know you've already played with it. Before you do anything else please try to reposition your dish with the receiver set to a known TP until you get a good signal level. Try any other TPs. If signal level remains same that means you're in the right track. Do Quick search. Once done you should see live videos.

rikksow

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Tomb Of the Kings
Gerrybee Hi

Sorry if i have not made myself clear, i have the hotbird channels fine, Its just P0lsat that i am not receiving & and am trying to upgrade my system to receive p0lsat & other "cracked" packages. The normal cracks i.e. TP$ & Pr1me are working fine.

Thanks in advance

Rikksow

sameerashraf

Reaction score
AOA
I have star track version 1. world in box.
I have downloaded the files from your site.
Trying to use them with the help of RS-232c.
with 3 wires connected

5--5
3--2
2--3

I dont know where I am going wrong.
can plz help me find more info on putting the connectors rite or how to upgrade guide for this particular hardware.
I have a pentium 4 machine with windows 2000.
How can I use this system to upgrade this reciver.
Thanks
Regards
Sameer Ashraf

tpslover

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
cool
My Location
United Kingdom
hi there,

I have a star track 5500 receiver, and I would like to flash it, in order to have the hotbird channels especially TPS :confused (TPS foot, TPS star.............). can you please help me to get the flash patch or whatever you call it I have already got the software (I have got a lot of softwares) but I don't know if the software will do the job alone or I have to provid some files. :-worship