star track (world in box)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mahomedrizwan

Reaction score
STAR TRACK(WORLD IN BOX)can some one indicate from were i might purchase this satellite digital receiver?
MANY THANKS!!!:) :)

rockchang

Reaction score
Website
dvb.nease.net
My Satellite Setup
hp7800---perfect arion-1700 clone receiver! +

coolsat 4000pro +

pansat 2500a +

starsat sr-x200ci +

infinity usb+cas interface 2+matrix reloaded
My Location
china
i have one,and i am sorry to tell u that it doesnt work well.

and i cant find its customer service center to fix it!

anybody can tell me its website?????thanx

sajidch

Reaction score
rockchang said:
i have one,and i am sorry to tell u that it doesnt work well.

and i cant find its customer service center to fix it!

anybody can tell me its website?????thanx
Whats the problem dear.Lets see what you need.
for S/W you can visit http://www.starsw.com

taufeeqalits

Reaction score
hi sajid, i am new 2 this world, i have star track (world in box) and nowadays it is not upgrading the software automatically for polsat, so can u pls tell me how 2 upgrade the software 2 the new version and which is the new version for this satellite, If any one can help in this regard it will be appreciated, Bye, Taufeeq Ali

mehditori

Reaction score
please help me for upgrading the star track receiver worldinbox precedure.

rockchang

Reaction score
Website
dvb.nease.net
My Satellite Setup

coolsat 4000pro +

pansat 2500a +

starsat sr-x200ci +

My Location
china
sajidch said:
Whats the problem dear.Lets see what you need.
for S/W you can visit http://www.starsw.com

dear sajidch,

thank u for your reply.
my startrack information is:
hardware version: WORLD IN BOX
software version: $STKA3745S170EC
database version: 00600009
boot version: 0011.1

it has a big problem!
sometimes it lost singnal strength and level after searching all the channels, unless i reset the receiver!! can u tell me how to solve this problem?
thanx a lot!!

sajidch

Reaction score
rockchang said:
dear sajidch,

thank u for your reply.
my startrack information is:
hardware version: WORLD IN BOX
software version: $STKA3745S170EC
database version: 00600009
boot version: 0011.1

it has a big problem!
sometimes it lost singnal strength and level after searching all the channels, unless i reset the receiver!! can u tell me how to solve this problem?
thanx a lot!!
Hello Guys
All friends having Star Track World-in-Box or World-in-Box II can download latest S/W from http://www.starsw.com .
After downloading follow these steps to upgrade your boxes.

First of all you need a RS-232 cable.It is not a thing you think to buy or find somewhere.Simple go to nearby computer shop and buy 2 DB9 Female connectors and a piece of vga cable or network cable.You need only 3 wires in it.Now with a solding machine (if you have your own or you can ask for someone to do it) join these connectors to cable such that pin 5 of one connector is connected with pin 5 of other. Pin 2 of fisrt connects pin 3 of other and pin 3 of one connects pin 2 of other.To simplify
you need a combination of
5____5
2____3
3____2
After that you need to remove your world-in-box from setup. (Unplug all cables including LNB cable)
Connect it with your PC through cable you made.
You will find only one place on back panel of your world-in-box where this 9 pin cable fits.Same way you'll find the same place on back of your computer.Now connectivity is done.
Next POWER OFF your world-in-box from button on back side panel.
Run file Arioner(You will find it with S/W package you downloaded) and click Open button on top right corner and browse that auc file.
Next you select COM 1 (If you've connected cable with COM 1 other wise select COM2 because there are only 2 physical com ports available in computer) and click "Send Program to IRD".
Status will show "Waiting for responce".
Now Power ON your world-in-box from back side panel button.
Copying process will start.Dont power off when it is in progress.
When it completes process it will show "Waiting for terminate signal" wait for a moment and then you will get a confirmation popup message of successfully uploaded.
Now You click OK button and Arioner program will exit.
Power Off you world-in-box and power On again it will load new software.
Now you can confirm that new software is uploaded from Information menu in your world-in-box it will show Software version like S841EC_$STK_A4454_20040826
Polsat will work after upgradation.Dont worry.
Thats it...First of all you need a RS-232 cable.It is not a thing you think to buy or find somewhere.Simple go to nearby computer shop and buy 2 DB9 Female connectors and a piece of vga cable or network cable.You need only 3 wires in it.Now with a solding machine (if you have your own or you can ask for someone to do it) join these connectors to cable such that pin 5 of one connector is connected with pin 5 of other. Pin 2 of fisrt connects pin 3 of other and pin 3 of one connects pin 2 of other.To simplify
5____5
2____3
3____2
After that you need your world-in-box to remove from setup.
You will find only one place on back panel of your world-in-box where this 9 pin cable fits.Same way you'll find the same place on back of your computer.Now connectivity is done.
Next POWER OFF your world-in-box.
and run file Arioner and click Open button on top right corner and browse that auc file.
Next you select COM 1 (If you've connected cable with COM 1 other wise select COM2 because there are only 2 physical com ports available in computer) and click "Send Program to IRD".
Now Power ON your world-in-box.
When it completes process it will show "Waiting for terminate signal" wait for a moment and then you will get a confirmation popup message of successfully uploaded.
Now you can confirm that new software is uploaded from Information menu in your world-in-box it will show Software version like S841EC_$STK_A4454_20040826
Thats it...

sajjas

Reaction score
Hi Sajidch,

I have joined in this group only today and read your write up. Many thanks because it was very informative. My receiver also not upgrading nowadys and i dont even know the current software version. As you mentioned, i have gone to the site (www.starsw.com) and downloaded the very first file (file name: WorldinBoxI-(26.08))on that page. I would like to know is this right file i have downloaded ? Please respond ASAP.

Once again many thanks.

Sajjas

sajidch said:
Hello Guys
All friends having Star Track World-in-Box or World-in-Box II can download latest S/W from http://www.starsw.com .

First of all you need a RS-232 cable.It is not a thing you think to buy or find somewhere.Simple go to nearby computer shop and buy 2 DB9 Female connectors and a piece of vga cable or network cable.You need only 3 wires in it.Now with a solding machine (if you have your own or you can ask for someone to do it) join these connectors to cable such that pin 5 of one connector is connected with pin 5 of other. Pin 2 of fisrt connects pin 3 of other and pin 3 of one connects pin 2 of other.To simplify
5____5
2____3
3____2
After that you need to remove your world-in-box from setup. (Unplug all cables including LNB cable)
Run file Arioner(You will find it with S/W package you downloaded) and click Open button on top right corner and browse that auc file.
Thats it...First of all you need a RS-232 cable.It is not a thing you think to buy or find somewhere.Simple go to nearby computer shop and buy 2 DB9 Female connectors and a piece of vga cable or network cable.You need only 3 wires in it.Now with a solding machine (if you have your own or you can ask for someone to do it) join these connectors to cable such that pin 5 of one connector is connected with pin 5 of other. Pin 2 of fisrt connects pin 3 of other and pin 3 of one connects pin 2 of other.To simplify
5____5
2____3
3____2
and run file Arioner and click Open button on top right corner and browse that auc file.
Thats it...

sajidch

Reaction score
Dear Sajjas
you can check your receiver version from menu under Information tab.
You can also check it from manual that you got with receiver.
There you will find either it is World-In-Box or World-in-Box II.
when you find exect verion of box then download proper software and upgrade your receiver.
Another way to do it is that you keep your receiver in stand by mode and press these keys from remote control 42114802500. It will show you the whole information of your receiver.

rahmed7

Reaction score
I am new user here. I have World-IN-BoxII. I am using it in US. It use to work for all but now it only work for few channels. I have already upgraded the software from the same site. Is there anything that I can try on it??

sajidch

Reaction score
rahmed7 said:
I am new user here. I have World-IN-BoxII. I am using it in US. It use to work for all but now it only work for few channels. I have already upgraded the software from the same site. Is there anything that I can try on it??

which satellite?????
If it has been working for all then wait a few days for new S/W you'll get all channels again.....
Also check if you have latest keys for those channels.

rockchang

Reaction score
Website
dvb.nease.net
My Satellite Setup

coolsat 4000pro +

pansat 2500a +

starsat sr-x200ci +

My Location
china
dear sajidch ,
thank u for u kindness and patience.
I think i have solved my problem by updating my receiver's software.It work well now,and with new key i can see all the zee channels on ASIA3S satellite.

thanx again! may u have a good time!

with regards!

rahmed7

Reaction score
sajidch,

Thanks for you quick responds. I have been waiting for months now... The satellites are 110, 119, 61.5. they are echostar satellites. I am runinng the latest update( 08-26-04) on my system.

How did you find out about 42114802500 code... Are there any other code like this....? I didn't get any manual with this system. Do you have any manual or notes that you like to share with us...?

Regards,

sajidch

Reaction score
rahmed7 said:
sajidch,

Thanks for you quick responds. I have been waiting for months now... The satellites are 110, 119, 61.5. they are echostar satellites. I am runinng the latest update( 08-26-04) on my system.

How did you find out about 42114802500 code... Are there any other code like this....? I didn't get any manual with this system. Do you have any manual or notes that you like to share with us...?

Regards,
Sorry dear cant say anything about echostar satellite bcoz i dont have it here in pakistan.
Here are some codes i know for star track
Do this if the receiver is in Standby mode.

Key in code 0786 if you forgot your lock code.
Key in code 42114802500 and you get all the info off your receiver.
Key in code 24680 , then the receiver let you upload Sky crypt firmware , Gasoline keys , ariter settings.
Key in code 74623 to download keys to gasoline software on pc.
Key in code 74621 to download ariter settings to pc.

rahmed7

Reaction score
thank you again. please let me know if you find out anyting...

safaruc

Reaction score
salam
man az tabriz hastam i dont know to use the software of star track reciever . and soft wares no exe file please tell me in use software for upgrade my eciver
best regard
safa

triple_r

Reaction score
safaruc said:
salam
man az tabriz hastam i dont know to use the software of star track reciever . and soft wares no exe file please tell me in use software for upgrade my eciver
best regard
safa
salaam safa

go to the site www.starsw.com .
download the proper version of world in box.
it's a zip file and you need to extract it.

the executive file you need for updating process is arioner.exe

amjads_98

Reaction score
sajidch said:
Hello Guys

5____5
2____3
3____2
5____5
2____3
3____2
Thats it...

Hello Sajjid

I am new in this forum, i have star track reciever (world in box II). I have upgraded my reciever as you mentioned but after upgrading the software succesfully when i switch the power OFF and then ON for loading the new version of sofware. I have the same old software version. I have tried several times the same procedure but got the same results. May be i am missing something. Please help me in this regard, i will be very thankful.

Thanks and best regards,
Amjad

amjads_98

Reaction score
sajidch said:
Hello Guys

5____5
2____3
3____2
5____5
2____3
3____2
Thats it...

Hi Sajid,

Many thanks for your detailed procedure of updating the receiver. I have followed the steps you mentioned, but after completion of the whole process when I return to system information it still shows old software version.

Kindly guide me as to what I am doing wrong, as the procedure you have written is being completed as instructed.

regards,

Amjad

chlankboot

Reaction score
hi all,
here are other star track codes, sorry i dont have such receiver and dont know what they do, try them at ur own risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.