1 meter dish
60 cm dish-sky
applo analouge reciver
grundig digital reciver
thinking of buying technomate 5000ci or
manathan plaza 300-ir
My Location
cork county ireland
for some reason there appears to be no thread from the new star wars what did you think of the filim-will there ever be another star wars film made-------

i thought it was a good filim even if it went on a bit

sprog

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echostar 808 CI Via
Jokercam-Retired!,T-REX,
Rusty Old 80cm mesh dish on fence pole!
My Location
South Wales
I saw it on Tuesday, it was far better than the JAR JAR Junk and the 2nd film. Although without giving too much away, I would like to know how Princess Leia remembered that her mother was beautiful and Luke could not remember her at all!!
( Reference Return of The Jedi :scene on the bridge when he tells her that they are brother and sister!)

I enjoyed it and though!

I dont think there will be another film, I think there is some talk of a TV series though, George Lucas would be as old as Yoda by the time he completed episodes 7,8 and 9!

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Haven't seen it yet, will probably go one afternoon next week, cinema should be quite quiet then. :)

dmm

Reaction score
robotic acting particularly from Christensen (Vader in waiting) throughout, unconvincing portrayal of a despairing mentor by mcgregor , other performances are passable, some poorly realised and quite obviously computer generated landscapes - some good set pieces - and thats about it really - these films really have missed the depth of characterisation given to us by Harrison Ford / Mark Hamill - in a way i wished they had never been made - 20 years later Lucas just had too much technology to play about with and he has overused it and neglected to play characters with depth and all 3 modern day movies lack real emotion - I just dont care about the characters like i did in the old movies - just my opinion

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I have to agree with your observations when applying them to the two previous films, for a film to appeal to me, I need to feel immersed and have to say that apart from the race in the first one, I felt that I was standing on the outside looking in.

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
rolfw said:
Haven't seen it yet, will probably go one afternoon next week, cinema should be quite quiet then. :)
It usually is at half term :-lol

I haven't seen it yet either but my son says it was a lot darker than the last two (which is good) but not as good as the first 2. I think Return of the Jedi will remain the best.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
It isn't half term next week is it? DOH, have to be the week after then. :)

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
rolfw said:
It isn't half term next week is it? DOH, have to be the week after then. :)
Well it is spring bank holiday Monday. Yippee a long weekend unless you're a teacher then it's a long week and two ends..... Not that I have anything against teachers :-lol

kebabinho

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 500S
80cm dish
.2db lnb
Gemini 3.5
CCcam1.71
Sky netgear wireless router
zoom gameport ethernet adapter
satankeybundle + autoupdater
My Location
UK
"i thought it was a good filim even if it went on a bit"

it suffered the same as the third lord of the rings. it as if jackson and lucas didnt want them to end.

the first ten minutes and then for about 45 minutes near the end i thought it was excellent (these are the action seens where christianson keeps his gob shut).
the bit at the end where they appeared to be paying homage to a frankenstein film was a bit poor.