Starlight 5900 Plus

simm

Reaction score
I have Manhattan Starlight 5900 Plus with HDD.
And I'd like to copy movies form this HDD to computer?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Not sure how possible that would be, does it have a connection other than a serial connector?

simm

Reaction score
rolfw said:
Not sure how possible that would be, does it have a connection other than a serial connector?
No other connection. But i can remove HDD from tuner and put it into PC, but who knows what filesystem are in the HDD?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Don't think that it'll work that way, I believe that this was discussed some while ago, but not perhaps regarding your receiver.

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
I think it might be possible with the right hardware. My PC graphics card has a built in tuner and also acts as a PVR. I have an RF lead into it from the main sources ....and can view terrestial and all sat channels which i send round the house to various TVs. So I suppose I could record films from a had drive via the RF lead. Possible would you say?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Yes, no problem recording onto the PC from a playback Jimbo, but translating what is on the PVR's hard drive may be another thing.

Old Satellite

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Normally all of the satellite manufactures are required to comply not only with the DVB standards! but also that of the storage and removal of Digital information, please do not forget those very nice people in Hollywood, who would like to continue to make money.

Normally the file (movie etc) will be stored in an MPEG 2 coded format however in a majority of systems there is a keyed coded sequence that prevents removal of the stored information to a normal PC system.

Normally the "drives formating condition" additionally prevents the reading of the drive when is is configured to a linux or windows system.

Kind Regards

Old Satellite

morgan

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
pj::
Hi Simm,

Does this receiver have an embedded magic cam? I'm fairly new to all this sat stuff and have bought one of these receivers.

Thanks
Morgan

simm said:
I have Manhattan Starlight 5900 Plus with HDD.
And I'd like to copy movies form this HDD to computer?