Starlight MX

Kalipo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Starlight MX pointing at Hotbird and Astra 19.2
My Location
Uk
Hi, Has anyone here got a Starlight MX who could help me, ? ive searched and there seems to be quite a few but theyre not having the same problem.

Anyways, I got my box out and tried to access to the embedded cam module but couldnt update it.

So i hit the cam and went down to prepare for loading.

Now the box rebooted and came up "dreamload" and wont let me select anything. (that shows up in slot a)

Have i broken my box?? or just plainly put it in programming mode??

If so its in program mode, what cables and programs are needed? really stuck on this and i seriously thinking of throwing it away lol.

Kind Regards,

Kalipo.

The embedded section is not accesses able, how do i activate that?

Ive got into system info and done 1212 and it went back to the last channel i was watching it didnt nout.. so i powered down and powered up and it isnt activated..

what could be the problem??

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
:-welcome to the forum Kalipo

Firstly I do not know your Starlight, never seen or used one.
Dreamload is the term displayed when a magic cam is sat waiting to be programmed. If you remove the cam what do you get do you not get any FTA channels. What sat are you pointing at?

Kalipo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Uk
Hi thank you for your reply, the cam i have in the box is actually embedded .. ive actually been told that the cam is a Matrix Reloaded.

My dish is pointing at 19.2 at the moment, im getting fta but want the rest. I am going to move the dish when i sort the cam out to hispasat as that seems to have the most cleared channels.

So its embedded and ive been told its a Matrix Reloaded. before i pressed prepare to load it shown up as penta but obviously it says dream load now and wont let me select.

there is a section called 2: embedded and i cant go down to that section and never did before it said dream load

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
It it the same embedded or not the cam has lost its programming so you will need to reprogram or get it reprogrammed. Have a look in the cam section for info and how to stickies I do not use so have no personal knowledge (don't quote me I may be wrong) but I think you will need a card like this connected to a pc with a std serial cable. Perhaps try a search for embedded cams

Kalipo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Uk
This embedded cam is being an a*se im begining to think that its a waste of space.

Ive been lookin around for another cam.

With the box in its current state will i be able to add another cam??

For what i will ask next i will ask in the relevant section..

Kalipo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Uk
Right ive done a bad omen but who cares../

Anyway ive swapped my box with a mates..

So now in the ca menu it says Penta1.1 is this a magic cam?? the embedded section does work on this neither (its a brand new box) ive tried 1212 trick on this.. box does nout but go to last channel.

If so i might aswell buy a new cam.. would the Matrix Revolutions do the job?? i can get an MRV for £30.. is this a good cam to get.. dont want to spend allot of money on a cam.

LMK cheers.

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
Kalipo said:
Right ive done a bad omen but who cares../

Anyway ive swapped my box with a mates..

So now in the ca menu it says Penta1.1 is this a magic cam?? the embedded section does work on this neither (its a brand new box) ive tried 1212 trick on this.. box does nout but go to last channel.

If so i might aswell buy a new cam.. would the Matrix Revolutions do the job?? i can get an MRV for £30.. is this a good cam to get.. dont want to spend allot of money on a cam.

LMK cheers.

You should have stuck with the other box. You would have got it out of dreanload. Anyway you will now need a card to use with penta 1.11 Magic cam. If your getting a cam I would suggest the Dragon cam. With the Matrix it will not let you view everything out there at the moment. Did you not read the reply I left on the other thread on the MX. And still you wild need a loader board with the embedded magic cam when its time to upgrade. You can change it to Matrix by the way and that would put you back to the way you were with the MX.

Kalipo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Uk
Hi,

I didnt see another thread because i have only posted in this.

All i want to do is open channels on hispasat as i have a fixed dish and dont have a full view of the arc. Which is why i dont have motorised. To get all sats i would physically have to remove the dish and place on another wall. Bummer i know but who cares, Hispa is good enough for me.

2 questions for you, with the penta isnt it posible to use a 6-1 file??
Seondly i have looked all over the a net for a loader for this but cant find anything :(

If i convert the cam to matrix. is it posible to open the channels on hispa?

Sorry im new to all this, ive just moved over from the very boring cable scene :(

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
Kalipo said:
Hi,

I didnt see another thread because i have only posted in this.

All i want to do is open channels on hispasat as i have a fixed dish and dont have a full view of the arc. Which is why i dont have motorised. To get all sats i would physically have to remove the dish and place on another wall. Bummer i know but who cares, Hispa is good enough for me.

2 questions for you, with the penta isnt it posible to use a 6-1 file??
Seondly i have looked all over the a net for a loader for this but cant find anything :(

If i convert the cam to matrix. is it posible to open the channels on hispa?

Sorry im new to all this, ive just moved over from the very boring cable scene :(
I only used cards a few times and never used the 6 in 1 files. Made a mistake on buying a TM 8000 Magic cam CI. Bought the dreambox then and picked up a few boxes when i see them cheap. One of which is the MX. The channels on Hispasat will be changing encryption soon end of Sep I believe To Nag 2. The Dragon opens the nagra 2 again at the moment. Matrix opens up nag 1 ie tv cabo at the moment. I havent got a dragon but if i was to buy a cam i would get one. Have a look through the dragon cam secton to see what it opens.

Kalipo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Uk
Hi one last question before i go and buy a dragon..

How do program these.. i have a Laptop. just seen a thread in dragon section saying laptops cant program.

Ive also seen a programmer that looks like a glitcher for programming cams.

Do i need to buy one of those aswell or can i get one with a card or something..

Again im lost and this is far more advanced than cable... but you woudnt think it was because of atmels etc.

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
Kalipo said:
Hi one last question before i go and buy a dragon..

How do program these.. i have a Laptop. just seen a thread in dragon section saying laptops cant program.

Ive also seen a programmer that looks like a glitcher for programming cams.

Do i need to buy one of those aswell or can i get one with a card or something..

Again im lost and this is far more advanced than cable... but you woudnt think it was because of atmels etc.

Yes you will need to programme it. You can buy it with a loader card which in turn will have to be programme with the latest files. Dont know which programmer would be the cheapest. I have the cas 2 with add on which will programme the dragon and others. Maybe someone else would help you here.
If you go for the cas 3 the latest you will get a lot of extras out of it further down the line as you get more involved in satellites. Its an addiction in some cases to put it mildly.