Starlight MX

Yeshi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dm500, TM9100, Samsung V+, 1M Dish. Motect 2100..
37Inch Plasma, Wii, Xbox360.
My Location
Behind pin 9 on an atmel
Hi, Im getting really bored of this box.. ive had 2 of these and i must say theyre crap.. i wouldnt rate them.. such a waste of money..

Anyway, i have 2 problems..

First is that everyday i have to reflash the box with the firmwire.. as it looses its info.. now has anyone got one of these?? if so do they have a bat in them??

Second is the box cant handle encription.. even if its a sub card... the channel will display and after 10-15 mins or so it will say either "bad signal" or "scrambled Signal" it only does this on on sub channels.. i can quite happily watch a FTA channel as long as i want without it going off..

Now it pees me off not cause its gone off,,, but simply because i have to reboot the stupid thing .

This isnt only a case of a faulty box as i have another starlight box which does exactly the same (not the firmwire fault)..

Oh yeah i forgot to mention.. this box cannot drive a dish motor correctly.. it thinks its moving when infact its still on 0 position.. and then shows a signal on the sat u want to be on..

Think its time to get the credit card out and buy a new box :)

Yeshi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dm500, TM9100, Samsung V+, 1M Dish. Motect 2100..
37Inch Plasma, Wii, Xbox360.
My Location
Behind pin 9 on an atmel
anyway fix for this box..

I unplugged the box.. place under the car wheel..and crushed it and now it works better than it did before.. i can actually look at it and think.. perfect..

Anyway sent this email to manhat

Box displays *boot* for 30 mins before booting up. i cannt view the firmwire of the box.
This is happening on 2 of my boxes both the same from the same batch.
Is there any way of repairing this as its rather annoying when your stiff and its gone down before its booted :(
Cheers Fella.

Credit card out tommoro if my money comes through right :)

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
Sorry to hear about your misfortune Yeshi, but if you are going to get a new receiver have a look at the Technomate 1500ci+ super.
I think you will be more than happy with it.
See review in "Receiver Reviews" by the_wizzz called something like "My Through review of the Technomate ............................"

What ever you get I just hope that it's a bloody sight better than your last two.

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
I had no problems like you had when upgrading one for a mates friend, only thing i found puzzling was that the embedded cam would not upgrade properly with the remote control. Might get a Kaon myself, just to lend out to friends as loosing contact with other receivers outside the dreambox. Still waiting for a patch to come out for the Tecnomate TM 8000CI MC. Now if you had this box you would pull your hair out. Changed the firmware in it loads of times and still get the ch lists mixed up. Maybe when im bald one will come out. Might get it out and see if I can f**k it up & try a different technomate patch for it as its just lying under the bed.