starsat srx650 tv tuner

buzzbomb

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
protek 9600ip Openbox S9 HD 1.8m precision dish and standalone 36v positioner.
My Location
scotland and greece
have a starsat srx650 super ci 2m receiver and would like to connect my terrestrial aerial thro it but there does not appear to be any tuning facility on the box. can anyone help

ie live in the uk and would like to see if the box can pick up the uk digital channel

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Do not know your stb but I would suspect there is a setup menu or installation menu where you can stipulate the UHF channel you use. Or am I reading your post incorrectly are you saying you wish to pick up the terrestrial freeview TV channels with a satellite box????....err no :-idiot

buzzbomb

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
protek 9600ip Openbox S9 HD 1.8m precision dish and standalone 36v positioner.
My Location
scotland and greece
Topper

the box has an aerial in and tv out socket as well as the usual lnb in and out. The instruction book tells me how to vary the carrier channnel out of the box but not how to actually tune any individual tv channnel. The fact that it had the aerial input I thought it could maybe receive and clear the digital tv channels given they use dvb type technology. Unfortunately there are not too many british owners of my box so was not too optimistic getting a reply so thanks for at least taking the time to respond.