Starting from scratch

kaiser1111

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Ireland
I want to watch english football. I dont want to pay Sky but I am willing to pay foe a cheap ssubscription card. What do I need i.e dish size, pointed at which satellite, what reciever, whats a cam, what card, and anything else that you think I may need. Any help is appreciated!

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
How much football do you want?? How much are you willing to spend??

If you go cheap you dont get many games.

The package with the most games is out of reach to you due to the enormous dish size that would be required.

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
itv partner on eutelsat w2 16 degrees east do show the epl games and isn't much in price about 300 for 12 months

if you want more games then your talking about 899 for canal+ on 1west or sky italia which is even more but loads of games shown ie 3pm games which is what alot of people are obsessed on getting

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
57E to 58W, C-band and Ku, DVB-S2, 4:2:2 and blindscan.
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Nearer 1200 for Sky Italia last time I looked :D

kaiser1111

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Ireland
I'm in Dublin, Ireland. How big a dish are we talking for getting a cheap package.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
We cant answer that with any sensible answer. You need to decide WHICH pakage you want first!

:D

FlexiPack

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+
P4 2.4ghz & Windows XP
My Location
Manchester, UK
Hi,

I have a question similar to the OP so rather than start a new thread I thought I might ask here.

I am thinking of ditching sky because of the cost per month. I looking to find out if there is a package that is similar to sky's English Premier League & Champions league live coverage on one of the foreign satellites?

Wod mentioned ITV Partner on W2 16 East does show EPL games (Is that £300 or 300 Euros per year?). I couldn't see Eutelsat under the Satellite TV Packages section on this forum but I googled and found the Eutelsat site and then I found a channel listing for the W2 16E Sat.

Is there a way of finding out how much of the EPL games they cover? and do you know what sized dish I would need to receive it? I'm in the north west of england and only have the standard 60cm mini dish at present.

Lastly can you recommend any other satellites that have live EPL and Champs league coverage similar to Sky Sports? I'm not bothered about seeing every 3pm game live, just something similar to Sky's coverage. My budget is as cheap as possible (the minimum Sky package I can get is £47.50 per month).

I know i'll need a new dish and receiver. I don't mind putting the work in and googling myself but I am just trying to find out firstly if this is going to be a viable option financially (over long term) before delving deeper!

Thanks for any help

steford

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
ZGemma H.S
My Location
W13
All the questions asked are the standard ones for all football fans every year. For me it all boils down to what you need and how disappointed you are prepared to be if the match is unavailable. As a Man Utd fan there's a fair chance Man Utd will be broadcast on every network that shows EPL whether it's 3PM Saturday or, more likely, at all other times. If you are a Wolves fan for example and you want to be guaranteed seeing the match you're talking a big dish/expensive package. Champions League, FA Cup and Carling Cup are a whole different matter as the rights are often bought by other broadcasters - after saying that there's more chance of feeds and FTA channels.

The bigger the dish and the more satelilites covered (motorised) or the more spent on a subscription is your best bet.

My current preferences are:-

Diablo CAM
Bulsatcom subscription
Neighbour/pub for Sky

which pretty much covers me for all Utd matches this season - but who knows!! I'm keen to get some cardsharing setup but I worry about relying on that.

It's definitely worth the investment if you have to watch every match as there's still no other way to do it in the UK.

If you're interested in ITV Partner see my posts on Bulsatcom as a better alternative (for a max of 2 matches per kick off time)