STB Editor For Manhattan Starlight

inabsentia

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echostar 3000IP VIA, Skystar2 PCI c/w ProgDVB 4.85, Pace & Onn Terrestrial PVR's
My Location
North West
After spending hours getting my transponder list up to date after a full box reset, I'm looking to back up all of my transponder data in case i ever need to do it again. I was directed to the STB Editor 1.03 on the Manhattan site, and I can get the box and PC to connect, but when I get to the end of the STB>PCdownload, I get an error message and the STPB Editor just closes.

The Manhattan people directed me to this piece of software, though it isn't in the Starlight software section of ther website like they said, so I'm wondering if i'm using the wrong version?

Anyone with this receiver who is using this with success, i'd like to hear from you

jakenl

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Manhattan Starlight 5900+PVR-80GB,Topfield TF5000CI,Skystar2,110cm dish, Invacom 0,3dB, Moteck SG2100A,range: 75East-61West,AMD Sempron 2600+, Windows XP Pro.
My Location
The Netherlands
inabsentia said:
After spending hours getting my transponder list up to date after a full box reset, I'm looking to back up all of my transponder data in case i ever need to do it again. I was directed to the STB Editor 1.03 on the Manhattan site, and I can get the box and PC to connect, but when I get to the end of the STB>PCdownload, I get an error message and the STPB Editor just closes.

The Manhattan people directed me to this piece of software, though it isn't in the Starlight software section of ther website like they said, so I'm wondering if i'm using the wrong version?

Anyone with this receiver who is using this with success, i'd like to hear from you

Hello.
I'm using STBEditor v2 for my Starlight 5900+ but with the same problem you have. At the end of the session I get the message: APPLICATION HALT! and then the program closes.
I've asked around for quite some time but nobody seems to know the solution.
I too would be very glad to hear what's wrong.
If you find out something, will you let me know, please?

Greetz,

Jacob

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Is your receiver talking to the PC?

Have you got the right connector lead and does the upload give any indication on the PC/laptop ?

inabsentia

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echostar 3000IP VIA, Skystar2 PCI c/w ProgDVB 4.85, Pace & Onn Terrestrial PVR's
My Location
North West
Yes to all of that-Masnhattan have now indicated that it 'could' be a fault in the flash memory (which they replaced last year after it developed the constant boot problem), and it's been fine since, so I really don't see how it could be that