Steps on STB Software Upgrading

alvinturla

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Star Sat SR 3200CU Super
My Location
Saudi Arabia
Please help me how to do the correct way of software upgrading, I have the required RC232C cable female x female. Actually I tried to upgrade my STB software to the latest sofware and I download all, but the problem the STB cannot detect anymore my smartcard. I don't know how it happen, please help I am becoming crazy for a couple of days for not solving the problem

closetosoton

More dishes than Sense.
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Wavefield T55, 20 LNB's and a whole load of analogue boxes!
My Location
Close to Southampton
alvinturla said:
Please help me how to do the correct way of software upgrading, I have the required RC232C cable female x female. Actually I tried to upgrade my STB software to the latest sofware and I download all, but the problem the STB cannot detect anymore my smartcard. I don't know how it happen, please help I am becoming crazy for a couple of days for not solving the problem

try going back to previous software version maybe/?

retainedstatue

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky+, Golden Interstar 8005CI, Dragon 4.1, opos 1.05
My Location
Merseyside, UK
Spent nearly a week trying to get my box to upgrade properly- I sympathise how frustrating it can be. Then, all of a sudden it`s working every time. Did you upgrade with official manufacturer software or a patch? Maybe try a different software version or patch? Also, did you do the upgrade with the smartcard in the STB- I was under the impression this could mess things up and at worst fry the card.