Still can't get BBC channels

fraternige

My Satellite Setup
Comag Porty II from Lidl
My Location
South Wales
Please can someone help, I posted a thread earlier under Porty II and still can't get BBC channels on Astra 2 any suggestions please, after a few early responses previous thread went cold. I know that nubies basic questions can be annoying but this issue is driving me to distraction :-lan2

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
As I mentioned before I have the same receiver.

I packed everything away once tested (not the BBC) but I will get it back out and check if I can receive BBC from Astra 28.2 E.

Will report back.

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
Well - set it up but didn't get much on the 35cm dish - did get ITV news but not BBC.

It is raining heavy just now!

Connected to my DreamBox dish and re-scanned the Astra transponders and it updated all the BBC regional channels.

Now here's the strange part can get BBC 1 and 2 on some regions BBC North east is fine and BBC 2 NE is also OK but not any of the Scottish channels.

They all show the same strength and there is a signal as the box pops - just not clearing.

Try a re scan and see if it updates the channel list - hope you have a clear sky as rain will kill this dish!

Failing that if you're planning on using it at home you should be able to pick up a larger dish cheap and just keep the small on for when you're travelling.

Hope this helps.

Let me know how you get on.

fraternige

My Satellite Setup
Comag Porty II from Lidl
My Location
South Wales
Finally got it, :D thank you for your help, realized the angle of the dish was slightly off and was picking up Astra 1 too :-idiot one positive thing though is that I have learnt alot about satallite tv in a very short time. Now I would like to know more about patching the comag II, how's it done and where do I have to go to find out and what are the benefits? Is that enough to be going on with?.... I think so. Thank you all :-clap1

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Scotland
fraternige said:
Finally got it, :D thank you for your help
Great - hope Katie reads this...

Now I would like to know more about patching the comag II, how's it done
You need the patch file - you'll have to 'Google' - this forum doesn't have it.

Then you need to download it to a PC and using a RS323 (check this) cable from your PC to the receiver, send the new image.

Search a bit more before trying this as it can cause problems if done in correctly.

Depending on the patch you should now see channels that you previously couldn't - if you see where I'm coming from ;-)