still no 19.2E on monoblock

JonnytheKid

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Panasonic TU-DSB30 digib0xes, FTV cards, quad LNB, Zone 2 dish, & VCR (remember those?)
My Location
rural Northern Ireland
Hello all,

with the dish assembled correctly (see photo 001) - no signal no matter what I do.

With the dish assembled so as the LNB end of the feed arm is lower (photo 002), I get a good sinal on 13E - which is what I want - BUT nothing on 19.2E - which I would also like.

Strangely I get a good signal on 26E (instead of 19.2E), but this doesn't help.

All the equipment (see below) sems to be working fine, but no 19.2E!!! (just 13E and 26E!!!)

Tried to get hold of the guy at Raven all week, but he is "elusive".

Feed arm thing maybe? Anyone have any thoughts?

Jonny

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The first picture looks right, the second is definitely wrong as far as the boom arm is concerned. Can you blow up the LNB section and post it please, from the picture it appears that it might need clamping on the Astra neck.

JonnytheKid

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Panasonic TU-DSB30 digib0xes, FTV cards, quad LNB, Zone 2 dish, & VCR (remember those?)
My Location
rural Northern Ireland
rolfw said:
The first picture looks right, the second is definitely wrong as far as the boom arm is concerned.
I've had a go at enlarging the LNB section (attached)

The crazy thing is - with the arm at this correct angle, I get no signal at all. It is only by dropping down the LNB end of the arm that I get anything! (????)

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The Astra feedhorn of the LNB appears to be set a fraction further back than the Hotbird side, this would suggest that it is meant to be the primary focus and should be the one with the clamp. You may be pointing the dish too low, if by making the offset of the dish bigger you get a signal.

Try lining up on 19E first, whith no DiseqC control on, cover the Astra side and see if the signal goes, that will determine by a the signal stopping wether it is the default LNB.

JonnytheKid

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
rural Northern Ireland
I haven't got the dish finally lined up (the rain has beaten me), but I have (finally) realised what was wrong all this time (APART from me being an idiot!!!). I had the dish pionting roughly at the horizon (same as my $ky minidish and Lidl dish), however turns out the Gemini wants to be pointed noticably higher.

So now I should be able to get it set up properly next dry day.

A big thankyou to rolfw - his advice was correct as always.