Still no EPG 101/2

wearon

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I have Grundig GDS300 (2.41) with EPG 3.1.a.5 and Op Sys 1/2S4Bq and no card (neither Sky nor FTV) but my EPG starts at 181 and ignores BBC1/2 at 101/2. :rolleyes:
I can tune manually to 10.7732H 22Mbd FEC5/6 and get BBC1/2 as "other channels" but not on the EPG.

Is it just that I am impatient and will update in due course like the "old" FTV cards? 'O'-red

Where's the latest news on ITV, CH4, CH5 going FTA?

Regards
Phil

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Has your Grundig ever had a card in it?

I have read elsewhere that a new box needs to have a working card inserted before it will pick up 101/102. These channels then stay there when the card is removed.

ITV and C4 are still silent on the subject of going FTA. I believe I have read that ITV still 2 years to go in its contract for encryption. C4 I don't know about but five has just signed a new 5 year agreement for encryption with $ly so they definitely won't be FTA.

PaulR

wearon

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Paul,

I don't know if it's had a card in because I got it from a boot sale. However it looks a bit "high mileage".

Even then, I've done a software download twice so whatever it knew in it's previous life will be forgotten.

Perhaps I will try the card from our fully fledged sky box and basic package to revive its memory.

Regarding ITV, C4 and C5 it's a pity they're not available now. I really got the box for my in-laws who live in a bad C5 area but we will have to wait .....

Phil

turny

Reaction score
Website
msn.co.uk
My Location
tyne and wear
I too had the same problem
I have no card in but then hey presto bbcs appeared 101 up
did not put any card in or any download
only now got loads of sky subs channels to flick past with a theres something wrong with your card message please phone bla bla bla bla
something wrong I aint got one