My Satellite Setup
DM7020 Screambox
MAC OSX & windowzz 98SE
Gemini
1664 on tap
My Location
13°E
Hey

As some of the members of this web site are not christians they may find it offensive to use signatures and threads wishing them merry christmas.

We should follow President Bushs' lead and just wish happy holidays. After all I am sure that other none christian countries shall be doing the same.

h**p://abcnews.go.com/WNT/Beliefs/story?id=1383107

So happy holidays to everyone. ( if you are not on holiday please don't be offended by this message.)

Marts

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
90 cm dish + two LNB 13/19 E
90 cm dish + one LNB 30 W
Humax 5400 .. Oh and cable for Mrs Marts (smilie here)
My Location
Gozo - Malta
And maybe we should take a leaf out of (the non political) Sir Cliff Richards book. Poppycock to political correctness.

READ HERE

Merry Christmas all at Sats UK :-sugar

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
If we followed Bush's example we'd all invade an oil producing country to protect the profits of our dad's oil company... ;)

Happy Eat and Drink Too Much Season :-bigsanta :-csmile :-googly :-beer:-beer:-beer:-beer:-dinner:-dinner:-irish::-irish::-party1:-party1

John T

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
60cm dish, dual LNB, Topfield TF5010PVR
My Location
North Staffordshire England
Never thought much of Cliff richard, do now he has really gone up in my estimation!:-carrot

Sir Bronking

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
medion
pentium4 3.2ghz
progdvb
skystar2 rev2.3
1mtr dish & jaeger 99G 36v motor, with a superjack DP-6600. dvb-t aswell,in the process of setting up
My Location
cheshire,algeria
we are what we are, whether your black, white,yellow,red, we are also many religions, christian, jew, hindu, catholic, budism or whatever. i would catergorise myself as a spiritualist, i do not believe in religion as such as i think it is to blame for so many wars, i do believe in one thesis and that is if you are nice to people, they will be nice to you, if you help people they will help you, i believe in karma, what goes around comes around. but the one thing i do not believe in is political correctness because it maintains people are all different,and we should not risk upsetting people through our mannerisms, when in fact we should believe we are all the same, whatever your beliefs we are all apart of one global community, that should help one another, respect one another and live life in peace......
sorry what was the topic of this thread?

Milkybarkid

Reaction score
If you ask most people of different religions who don't celebrate Christmas if they object to us using the term Merry Christmas virtually everyone will say no, of course not.
I'm still not sure who starts these rumours that we are offending other cultures and religions by saying Merry Christmas in our own country.

I agree with the Batchelor Boy.

What's next, telling us not to drink alcohol in case it offends some religion ?

John T

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Milkybarkid said:
What's next, telling us not to drink alcohol in case it offends some religion ?
Make no mistake they would if they could, but vested interests stop that.:-cheers

whatsthis

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7020 Screambox
MAC OSX & windowzz 98SE
Gemini
1664 on tap
My Location
13°E
The local christmas fate is now called the festive fate !

If you were wondering what the purpose of this thread was 6 replies in 2 hours says it all.

I think this thread should stop now before we offend anyone, but we should remember one thing. When we see a job advert or program on TV change the title and see if it's still PC.

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
125cm Gibbi with Channelmaster feedhorn and Inverto C120 twin.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
The world's gone MAD.

I'll be back when we all settle down a bit.

L.

Milkybarkid

Reaction score
whatsthis said:
The local christmas fate is now called the festive fate !

If you were wondering what the purpose of this thread was 6 replies in 2 hours says it all.

I think this thread should stop now before we offend anyone, but we should remember one thing. When we see a job advert or program on TV change the title and see if it's still PC.

You started the thread. :-humbug

:-sugar

I'm offended by people who don't like Barry Manilow. :-rofl2

John T

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Lancelot said:
The world's gone MAD.

I'll be back when we all settle down a bit.

L.
Where out of the world have you gone L? The chinese arn't due to send a man for a few years yet. do tell!:-Cbigsmil

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Well I'm going to put my two penneth in this thread.

If you would like to wish people a Merry Christmas on this forum you are more than welcome to, if you are Muslim, Bhuddist, Jewish, practice Shinto or any of the many other religions, then when your special festival comes along, you are also more than welcome to send your wishes to those on the forum who are happy to receive them. Those who are not prepared to take the good wishes in the spirit they were delivered, simply ignore them.

It is the Christmas festival a time of happiness where good will is wished to ALL not just Christians, it is not happy holidays, we are not in America and I don't really give a damn about anyone who is narrow minded enough to take offense at the mention of the word Christmas, there, I've said it again. :-googly :-santa3 :-sball :-sugar :-Cbigsmil :-tree :-snowman :-bigsanta :-satbanne :-banner :-Cmany :-window

PS. I can't believe that someone in the politically correct brigade is seriously holding up George Bush as being an arbiter of good taste. :eek: :-lmao:-rofl2

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
I agree - quickly before thread closes...

:-snowman

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Stop Press! Merry Xmas Thread closed on sat. forum!

Marts

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
90 cm dish + two LNB 13/19 E
90 cm dish + one LNB 30 W
Humax 5400 .. Oh and cable for Mrs Marts (smilie here)
My Location
Gozo - Malta
Milkybarkid said:
I'm offended by people who don't like Barry Manilow. :-rofl2

Now that's going at wee bit toooo far. Sorry mate, reported post to Mods :mad:

Temporary ban if it were up to me :D

Milkybarkid

Reaction score
:-HoHo

oh Mandy

Well you came and you gave without taking
but I sent you away, oh Mandy

satvfan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Skystar2, 85cm dish
Happy Holiday's is a good expression to use I think. Not new either yanks have always said this for decades before all this pc nonsese was even thought of! I hate the whole deal, it's so hypocritical meeting up with family members you can't stand and or don't want to really see. Awfully commcerial, if you have'nt got a xbox 360 you no one etc etc

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
Man, this is mad. Merry Christmas to all of you who like to hear it and .... I am not going to say anything before I am going to have to ban myself for a long period of time!

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
After consideration I like this thread - lots of posts.

Just remember there wouldn't be a 'winter holiday' if it wasn't for one man!

I'm not talking about Santa!

To everyone who visits this site 'may your god go with you'

Let us all as bronking says
I do not believe in religion as such as i think it is to blame for so many wars, i do believe in one thesis and that is if you are nice to people, they will be nice to you

If we ALL follow that the world will be a better place

:-snowman

Tiggy

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
whatsthis said:
Hey

As some of the members of this web site are not christians they may find it offensive to use signatures and threads wishing them merry christmas.

We should follow President Bushs' lead and just wish happy holidays. After all I am sure that other none christian countries shall be doing the same.

h**p://abcnews.go.com/WNT/Beliefs/story?id=1383107

So happy holidays to everyone. ( if you are not on holiday please don't be offended by this message.)
:-carrot
Are we not using the Roman Catholic calender?

Is it not the year of 2005 since Jesus' death?

Is it not freedom of speech?

is it not Forever ENGLAND.

One man One vote (unless you are a woman)
Stand up for what you believe in (Unless you upset some minor ethnic party)
You are who you are (unless it upsets someone else)
Speak your mind (ditto above)
The queens English (if ya aint from the street, thats downtown American streets)
History (should that not be Herstory or manstory/womanstory?)

Do we rewrite History (or see above) so that those that may be offended are made happy although it will be a complete pack of lies?

Merry Xmas or should that be
Happy Christmas?
:-humbug :-humbug :-humbug :-humbug :-humbug :-humbug
Bonne Fete my Arse!

Status
Not open for further replies.