Strange goings on in Spain

dxsat

Reaction score
Website
skyinmadrid.com
My Satellite Setup
Snap's setup: (In Spain) Humax HDR, Prodelin 1.8m dish + Invacom QDF-031 + CM feed, (In UK) CallFlow VDSL + EE 4G, Sky Q, YouView HD, Mac OSX, iOS
My Location
UK: Tonbridge, Kent. Spain: Madrid.
Anyone in Spain also noticed the strange phenomenon appearing now- good 2D reception just after midnight? It last appeared around the spring equinox and lasts a few weeks. On a 1.25m dish BBC 2 is receivable from 12.10 pm local time until 12.40. Actual result will depend on dish size and location.
It means part of Newsnight can be watched, including Paxman reviewing the papers.
Signal quality peaks at about 40% at 12.25 CET, is the same strength as in the mornings, but appears and disappears very quickly.
Those who get 24/7 reception will of course notice nothing different from usual, it only applies to us here with undersized dishes.
Can someone offer an explanation?

Mike4t

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Solid 2.4M C120 Invacom0.03db twin, ADF120 Feedhorn, Pace2600 & Pace DS430N. SKY package exc Sports
My Location
Costa Blanca
Interesting,, but a colleague of mine, told me today that he was receiving BBC1 CI on CH 958, and some ITV CI , in the later evenings,, he has a 1.3 prime dish with invacom Single LNB, and grundig sky box from UK, I have noticed no change except for now getting BBC2 in the late afternoons about 3.30pm which then fades at about 5.00pm,, rather than at about 8.30pm thru to about 0030... I hve 2.4m dish with Invacom Quad and DS430N

dxsat

Reaction score
Website
skyinmadrid.com
My Satellite Setup
Snap's setup: (In Spain) Humax HDR, Prodelin 1.8m dish + Invacom QDF-031 + CM feed, (In UK) CallFlow VDSL + EE 4G, Sky Q, YouView HD, Mac OSX, iOS
My Location
UK: Tonbridge, Kent. Spain: Madrid.
Hi,
BBC2 is stronger in the afternoons this month than in August, but what I mean is strong, really strong signal on horizontal transponders for just a short time after midnight. ITV Meridian can be received properly as well, and that is always the weakest. Vertical channels are better as well.
Have a look this evening, it will be interesting if the effect is localised to the centre of Spain, or if other parts of the country can see this as well.

BadWithComputer

The Local Drunkard
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
30MB ADSL ONO, Spain
32" Internet connected TV
Many Satellite Dishes.
Humax HD Freesat Box
My Location
Spain
Ive already started a topic in another section about how channel 5 has started staying for the late shift. But ive never had problems with the BEEB here.