Strange problem with two receiver system

Hijack

Reaction score
I seem to have strange problem with my two receiver system.
I had old motorised analogue Nokia 1800IRD system which still works perfectly. I have acquired another digital receiver and smart priority switch SPS1.
The new digi receiver does not see any signal when connected directly to LNB.
Then I have connected both receivers to the LNB via SPS1 (analogue master, digital slave). The digi receiver only sees signal when analogue one is powered on for short moment and the switched off. The same procedure needs to be done when channels with alternate polarity are selected.
Has anyone seen anything like that?
Is the digi box faulty or the LNB is too old (about 5 years) to be driven by newer box? The signal goes through the Nokia positioner - maybe here is the problem?
Any suggestions more than appreciated.
TIA.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
If you're saying that the digibox does not receive a signal when connected directly to the LNB (i.e. everything else out of the equation) then it's likely to be the LNB. What does it say on the LNB?? Any numbers etc?

Hijack

Reaction score
BGonaSTICK said:
If you're saying that the digibox does not receive a signal when connected directly to the LNB (i.e. everything else out of the equation) then it's likely to be the LNB. What does it say on the LNB?? Any numbers etc?
When digibox is connected directly to LNB it does not show any signal, but when analogue receiver is connected directly it works perfectly well.

In dual configuration (via SPS1) when digibox works, it shows the "coarse" signal strenght at 40 (out of 100) and "fine" signal strength at 50 (out of 100).....

I'm puzzled.....