Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500ci+ super
Triax 1.1m dish
Diseqc motor
Invacom lnb
My Location
Manchester
Ive just set up a motorised system using a diseqc motor.I have most of the satellites stored ok.The problem is that i have been rotating the LNB to try and get the skew correct for the whole arc.
30W - 28E is ok but when i move to 36E and 42E i get no signal.If i put my hand across the front of the LNB cap the signal shoots up to about 80% then dissapears when i take my hand away.All the other sats have the opposite effect when i do this.
Anyone got any ideas before i go insane.

Cheers
Lee

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Hi Lee, if you set the dish at 1West, the Skew should be 0 degrees, with a typical polarotor DiseqC unit, the Skew is set by physically tilting the dish as it rotates. What is more likely is that your declination is not quite right and you are slightly off beam on the extremes of the arc. Alternatively it may be that these two satellites are past the available range and the dish is not going far enough, my motor has a 72 degree arc, that is approximately 36 degrees to E and W.

The rise in signal strength is just reflection from the LNB, it will do the same if you point it at the ground.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
I would look first at the dish bolts and check that nothing moves at the extreme angles. You did mention changing skew to improve, could you see these satellites before fiddling ?

Theres not much TV material on the two satellites youve mentioned that is in English, unless you are mad about Turkish music or Italian Tarot reading / limited European football, you could be wasting your time trying to get to the bottom of this.

Do you speak these languages ?

lee32uk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500ci+ super
Triax 1.1m dish
Diseqc motor
Invacom lnb
My Location
Manchester
@ rolfw
Ive managed to get the skew ok now.According to the manual the motor is able to go from 60E to 60W.Cant get past 30w anyway as the roof apex is in the way.

@ Channel Hopper
Dish bolts seem to be ok.Only thing i altered was moving the mount to line it up properly to due south.I could see Turksat before i started messing about with the LNB and i could also get quite a bit from 36E too.As you say its probably not worth messing with but it was just puzzling me a bit, and with me being greedy i just want as many channels as i can get.....even if it includes tarot reading :D

Cheers guys

Lee

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
So you can now phone the premium rate call numbers and get to know your future in Italian whilst chatting to the reader on air, good to know.