Strange problems, can receive most channels but not all ?

fuzioneer

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace minibox
My Location
uk
I have a Kathrein system in a motorhome, hooked up to a HDP positioner. Yesterday i incorporated a Pace mini digibox and a proper paid for subscription card.

Now i was informed that with the use of a splitter switch device to redirect the satellite signal depending on which receiver was switched on all would work ok.

I put the dish up using the HDP system and Kathrein receiver, once tuned to a FTA channel i.e. BBC1, i then put the Kathrein system into standby and switch on the PACE Digibox.

I got the system activated today and all works ok, however some channels which i should be able to receive i just get a blank screen or "No satellite signal is being received", what gives ?

The channels are as follows so far, prob quite a few others though;-

BBC channels,
ITV Channels
E4 channels
ITV Channels

it seems to be mostly the terrestrial channels ?

Any ideas as to why all the others work i.e. SKy 1, Discovery, Music etc etc ok but not these ?

I am in the UK btw

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
If you totally disconnect the Kathrein system, do the channels become available?

fuzioneer

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace minibox
My Location
uk
If i disconnect the kathrein system then the positioner deactivates and the signal flow stops

i wandered if some of the channels are on a slightly different feed or something and its because i am locked onto wrong signal, it is a german directional satellite system.

after a little more dabbling these are the channels i cant get:-

bbc1
bbc2
itv1
bbc4
itv2
itv3
men & motors
sky travel
e4

Any difference between these channels and the others like Sky 1 etc

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
They are all on Astr2D and on Low band, so it is either slightly off beam, or the 22Khz tone is being sent out by your Kathrein receiver, or heing held on Horizontal.

fuzioneer

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace minibox
My Location
uk
Hi can you elaborate somewhat rolfw i am fairly new to satellite systems ;)

fuzioneer

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace minibox
My Location
uk
anyone got any other ideas ?
Its SOOO infuriating not being able to receive the channels that are normally easy to get !!

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Connect the digibox DIRECTLY to the LNB and see if it works properly then. Report back when you have tested it.

fuzioneer

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace minibox
My Location
uk
ok i have missed out the switch device which splits out the signal to the Kathrein box and to the Pace digibox but still the same ?

Any more ideas ???