strange satellite dish's?

momo12

Reaction score
Heyo,

I saw a satellite dish somewhere which looked more like a garden lamp (big ball on top of a pole) would anyone know the names of these if we can purchase them here as I saw it in a magazine and cant seem to find anything similar online or the original magazine I found it in!

momo12

Reaction score
aha they seem to be the digiglobe - now my question changes of anyone can help - I'm located in the south of the UK would the digiglobe be able to pick up most satellites (hotbird/astra/serius for ex?)

:)

PoloMint

Super Minty Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1200cc with 100,000,000,000 neurons and 100,000,000,000,000 connections
My Location
Fife, Scotland
For Astra 2 it should be ok in the South UK momo12, but for any others I doubt it would work well. The dish is about the size of a zone 1 minidish (40 something cm) but I don’t think it performs quite as well as they do.

They are not cheap, http://www.digicams-uk.com/prod30.htm then again I’m not sure if that’s actually a good price for them or not.

momo12

Reaction score
thanks for the info guys, I did just want it for the simplicity of not having a huge dish outside and that does kinda look discreet, but I'm not too sure now as the signal for hotbird / sirius maybe too low to receive and its not cheap to buy the thing in the first place!