Atlon XP 1200,
Dell Lattitude,
SPV M2000 PDA,
Netgear WGR614 Wireless Router,
Dlink wired ADSL Router,
Drembox 500
My Location
England, Rochester
Does anyone know how to stream a satellite singal, over a local TCP/IP network and software decode it with a PC?

This is my first post by the way, great community.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
:-Welcome1 to the board dalsoft.
Well I am not able to answer that question as I do not use progdvb or any equivalent alternatives, but I am sure someone will.

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
I would guess VLC player can do it, as it can stream over a network.

dalsoft

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Window XP
Atlon XP 2400+,
Atlon XP 1200,
Dell Lattitude,
SPV M2000 PDA,
Netgear WGR614 Wireless Router,
Dlink wired ADSL Router,
Drembox 500
My Location
England, Rochester
davie said:
I recently got my ss2 working over my wireless network using progdvb with a lot of help from members here, here is a link to the thread. http://www.satellites.co.uk/php-bin/forum/showthread.php?t=48010

Thanks for the reply Davie, I can send the video over my wireless to another computer, using videolan it's better than that M1cros0ft encoder, what I actally want to do and need help with as it's beyond me at the moment is stream the satellite signal over the network and software decode it at the other end as this would let me watch different channels on different devices.

Also if anyone is interested in a remote channel changer for progdvb I could develop one using the API.

_stu_

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox DM7025 + 90cm Fibo Dish with Moteck SG2100A mod + Inverto White 0.3dB lnb + 55cm Philips Gregorian + Stab HH-120 + modded BGSat 0.3dB lnb
My Location
Worcs
dalsoft said:
Thanks for the reply Davie, I can send the video over my wireless to another computer, using videolan it's better than that M1cros0ft encoder, what I actally want to do and need help with as it's beyond me at the moment is stream the satellite signal over the network and software decode it at the other end as this would let me watch different channels on different devices.

Also if anyone is interested in a remote channel changer for progdvb I could develop one using the API.

In order to watch different channels you need multiple lnbs, cables, tuners, etc. Some boxes can decode multiple channels on the same transponder, but this functionality is very limited.