Streaming Dreambox over the net?

bonotzm

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
metabox 5'
My Location
Asia
hi,

i've went through your guide but i can't get it to work. i'm currently using gemini 3.2. here's my network settings :-

router ip : 60.50.xx.187
router LAN: 192.168.1.1
|
switch (3com, unmanaged/no ip)
|
Dreambox LAN : 192.168.1.51
(g/way & DNS set to 192.168.1.1)

i'm using the aztech DSL600EU router, and the guide to set this is stated at http://www.portforward.com/english/r...tech/DSL600EU/

i've tried port forwarded port 21, 23, 80 to try ftp,telnet and web-x-tv/VLC but what i get is the ftp/telnet/web to my router. what possibly went wrong?

(i've port forwarded eMule services and i got HIGH ID with KAD network excellent but it doesnt seem to work with dreambox web)

i've checked my network for port opening thru online port scanning web and it indicated warning of open ports on 80,21,23 & 31339 but i can't get through. tried using IE but i get the router webpage instead of web-x-tv (from LAN). how do i control my dreambox from outside?

one more problem is with HDD recording. it'll stop at 60-70% each time i set it. it will start recording on time but it finishes earlier. any clue?

ikuwara2000

Reaction score
Yeap i got the same problem as yours. Able to stream on LAN successfully but from internet. What else we missed up? Please help...

It is working on local
_http://root:dreambox@192.168.1.3:31339/0,0c25,0c20,0c21,0c20

Not working on from internet
_http://root:dreambox@124.82.x.x:31339/0,0c25,0c20,0c21,0c20

I already port forward 31339, 8080, 9090, 80, 21.... What else?

igy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m motorised
My Location
yorkshire, england
i am thikking of getting dreambox, but do not know which model to get. can someone please advice. thanks.

RedDevil_UK

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S, VU+ Solo2, 1.1m Dish, Moteck SG-2100A DISEQC Motor
My Location
Rochdale
a friend of mine does this... works away and watches SKY from his house :-ohmy

but the bad news is he uses a media box in front of his TV, which is basically a PC

yazooo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 x 2
My Location
EU
Just an update. I finally got my isp change to bethere, got 1.3meg upload now, and I manage a 1 meg stream just fine. I can watch stuff at work, and the quality is excellent, no drop outs. I still have to remote into my pc at home to change the channel, but works a treat now.

blueflake

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite yet
My Location
finland
Main thing I am trying to accomplish is the following:

There is only 1 satellite antenna with 3 LNB.
There is only 1 main (Dreambox?) connected to antenna with 3 tuners.
2 other DBs should use main DB remotely through 1GB LAN.

I am looking for ease of use, that means no computers used to watch satellite tv.

Would be nice if all DBs can watch their choice of channel using 1 LNB each and record the shows they want. switch channels and even use EPG?

Is there anything built to do the above things?
Or are there any better ways to make it work?

I guess basicly remote DBs would need to remotely control the LNB they have been designated from the main DB and the transport stream should be fully forwarded to them.

I havent bought any of the hardware yet except 3 meter satellite dish that is need for 28.2E from Finland.

I am totally newbie with satellite so sorry if I have made some crazy assumptions how things work :p

Thanks for the great community btw.
Knowledge is cheap nowadays :)

Edited:
Seems Dreambox can have only 2 tuners. So only 1 remote DB possible at the same time.
But I am still interested if it would be possible for at least that one.
Tell me how you would solve this?

robbieb43

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
London: 1.1m Triax, Stab 100 + 3 fixed 60cm, VU+, Qbox Mini HD, DM800, Echostar HDS600
Canaries: TM 5402, Dm800HD, Qbox Mini HD, DM600, 1.4m, 2 x 1.2M, 1.0m, 0.9m fixed.
My Location
London and Canaries (Costa Teguise)
Just an update. I finally got my isp change to bethere, got 1.3meg upload now, and I manage a 1 meg stream just fine. I can watch stuff at work, and the quality is excellent, no drop outs. I still have to remote into my pc at home to change the channel, but works a treat now.
Hi Yazooo

Any chance of a summary of your set up? I have just signed up for the the same broadband provider and had hoped to do the same. I was streaming direct to VLC, and it worked OK. I tried it to my laptop with and old wireless card (probably giving about 1M:cool: and it would not stream, so I have been thinking I might need to use a PC to transcode. Any tips?

Thanks

Rob

yazooo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 x 2
My Location
EU
Hi,

These are the settings I use in VLC.
:sout=#transcode{vcodec=WMV2,vb=1084,scale=0.75,acodec=mp3,ab=32,channels=1}:duplicate{dst=std{access=http,mux=asf,url=:9080}}

I've gone through all those settings, and that combination above give me the right balance of pic quality, and not to many rebuffers. First, do as you've been doing, just get the raw stream from your dreambox to work in VLC, then chose the stream option and copy and paste that bit into the top part. Once it's running you can test it by running VLC or WMP and opening http://localhost:9080.

Dreamview would probably be the easiest thing to use, it's posted somewhere in this thread or in the info section, if you cant find it I'll post it. It's a frontend to VLC and does all of this for you. Basically get your transoding working fine locally, then it shouldn't be hard over the net.

robbieb43

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
London: 1.1m Triax, Stab 100 + 3 fixed 60cm, VU+, Qbox Mini HD, DM800, Echostar HDS600
Canaries: TM 5402, Dm800HD, Qbox Mini HD, DM600, 1.4m, 2 x 1.2M, 1.0m, 0.9m fixed.
My Location
London and Canaries (Costa Teguise)
Thanks Yazooo - I will try this when the good people from Dream let me have my box back, hopefully fixed.

Rob