Streaming Dreambox over the net?

dazlad

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7020S +1.2M MOTORISED
My Location
MIDLANDS
im must be thick or sumthin because mine still says "loading stream" with media player classic sayind opening
wot could be wrong ?????? 'O'-red thanx

D4ftpunk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020
Dreambox DM500
Sky Thomsom Digibox
StrongSat FTA Reciever
80cm Dish + 45cm Dish via Disecq A/B.
My Location
England
you could try installing a codec pack, these are largely available from google.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Thanks for the second version, worked when the first didn't, what was the difference, there wasn't anything apparently different. :)

PS. Works on FTA channels, but like VLC, still doesn't work with anything which has been decrypted by the dreambox EMUs.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Odd that it doesn't do any encrypted... I have VLC working fine on Taq ATM... :confused

What version of VLC are you using?

I've just switched to the latest, 0.84 but previous versions worked too...

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I think that it is to do with the way the PLi image manages the EMUs, see this update information for the new Diamond image: http://pli.dreamvcr.com/diamond/releasenote/html/pmt.html
It would appear that in the Citrine image the CAM is the server and Enigma the client, but in the Diamond image, they have reversed this. Will give it a try tonight and see if it makes a difference, only problem is that I'm watching through my 7" LCD at the moment (TV broken) and the text is difficult to see. :D

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Had to read that link about three times to understand most of it!!!

See what you mean about the screen.... cute though!

D4ftpunk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020
Dreambox DM500
Sky Thomsom Digibox
StrongSat FTA Reciever
My Location
England
well i use gemini image, and testing with that vlc wouldnt stream encrypted chans, and my util does. everytime

oricko

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
FTA
DB500S WIN-XP-PRO
My Location
Canada
D4ftpunk said:
well i use gemini image, and testing with that vlc wouldnt stream encrypted chans, and my util does. everytime
I have used your little program with great success. Have recommeded it to others to use. At the time I had forgot where I had found it. I would have gave all credit to you. Thanks again works great

D4ftpunk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020
Dreambox DM500
Sky Thomsom Digibox
StrongSat FTA Reciever
My Location
England

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
D4ftpunk said:

Yes, it seems to be something strange with Pli Citrine and the EMUs, although it did work once this morning on Taquilla 30w, then it didn't work when I tried again. I don't normally need to stream anything, as the PCs are next to the TV, but just a case of seeing if I can. :)

yazooo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 x 2
My Location
EU
Just caught up on all this! Will have a look at what you've done punk! I'm just using a batch file at the moment, which runs VLC with the settings for a particular channel and the transcode options I mostly use, quick n simple for me. Looking fwd to ADSL2 and increased upload bandwidth to test some more. I myself haven't had any problems using latest VLC and encrypted channels, everything views fine. Am using Gemini 2.20, not upgraded as everything is working ok for me, dont want to fiddle!

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
Hi
I just wanted to find out if there is any news regarding watching Dreambox over the internet. Also, the problem with the encrypted channels, is that still not working?

techmob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80 cm dish, superjack dg120, technomate 1500ci+
My Location
north wales
can anyone reupload the programs that are used in this topic, as the links are dead

or even a batch file!

either or both would be cool

thanks

kim1406

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
pj::
Yes as techmob, rquested, please re-upload the sofware again, so we can try.
thanks

puppinoo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dm500
My Location
italy
hi all,
Thank God I found this thread.
Im trying to transcode and stream over inet my dm500 TS stream using VLC 0.8.5 in WINXP.
I can do that well with free LOW bitrates chans (max 1800bps) but when i try with HI bitrate (2200+bps like sky italy sky cinema 1-2-3) the streaming after a few minutes starts giving me discontinuity errors and garbage skipping errros and pictures appears with glitches and artifacts.
Consider that my http string i use into dm500 is different: its http://lanip:31339(tried also 31338 but i have no audio)/VPID,APID,0,PMT,PRCID .I dunno what to do cos i dunno other softs that transcode in real time and stream like VLC.
(I read somewhere that it could be due to a bad network driver that dm500 has. That could explain why no 7000 user has this prob. Can any other dm500 use confirm this problem pls?
Thanks ALOT if someone will help me.
Bye
Puppinoo.

yazooo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 x 2
My Location
EU
Well my method of doing my streaming over the net all of a sudden has stopped working! I can still connect via VLC to my DB, and see the raw stream fine. But when I chose the same transcode options I've been chosing all along, it doesn't seem to be broadcasting the transcoded stream at all. Have checked connecting to the stream locally, but nothing, and have tried two PC's doing the transcode, and exactly the same.

Cant recall changing on the dreambox, and I'm using the same settings on the transcode, really strange!

christianF

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox DM 7020
with the following feeds: Eurobird (28.2°E), Astra (19.2°E), Hot Bird (13.0E), Sirius (5.0°E), Thor (1.0°W)
My Location
Norway
This seems complicated?

If you have a windows machine, use Windows Media Encoder which is a free download, with a Pinnacle PCTV USB.

WME is simple to set up, transcodes so you can stream online and not just over LAN, and you can stream any video signal you want. Several people can watch your stream. Perfect when combined with the webinterface on the Dreambox. Only problem is WME won't work with all video cards. I recommend Pinnacle PCTV USB, they've worked with WME on every computer I've tried.

I've used this for over a year, higly recommended! :)

ruperte

Reaction score
christianF said:
WME is simple to set up, transcodes so you can stream online and not just over LAN, and you can stream any video signal you want. Several people can watch your stream. Perfect when combined with the webinterface on the Dreambox. Only problem is WME won't work with all video cards. I recommend Pinnacle PCTV USB, they've worked with WME on every computer I've tried.

Hmm - intersting - can you get it to re-encode the original DVB stream from the 31339 port?

The nice thing about the VLC solution is it doesn't have to be converted to a analogue signal and then back to digital and then re-encoded. Whats the quality like from your WME setup?

BTW you can easily set VLC up to do the same thing - just change the input to be that of the DirectShow as the input instead of the URL. I didn't because my server is in the garrage and the Dreambox is in the Lounge :) So no video connection.

christianF

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox DM 7020
with the following feeds: Eurobird (28.2°E), Astra (19.2°E), Hot Bird (13.0E), Sirius (5.0°E), Thor (1.0°W)
My Location
Norway
Ruperte; the quality of my stream is imo very good, but you need an ok internet connection. I wouldn't use a WME-stream thru LAN, but it's perfect for traveling and things like sharing local channels with friends abroad.

I read on this thread that you can't view anything that uses internal emus in the Dreambox when you stream with VLC, that's no problem with WME. My setup is just a PC with a external tv-card running WME, anything that gives a video signal can be streamed, I've streamed a webcam for instance.