Streaming from the DB to PC

gb2

Regular Member
Messages
48
Likes
0
#1
I know that this has been asked a gazilion times... but I'm not able to get a clean stream out of my DB500...
The best results I got were with wingrabz, which managed to grab almost one hour before quitting with some error...
I also tested mplayer and It seems to work ok at the begining, but I start to get errors (image blocks) after a few seconds...
(sometimes it works for a couple of minutes without errors if the bitrate is low...)

Is there any setting I should use in order to improve this?
Does NFS work better?

thanks.
 

PCD

DB Magician
Messages
632
Likes
1
#2
I have managed to get good streaming from my 5620 to pc using direct ethernet lan connection, no internet. Image Gemini 1.03, pc os Win98SE. Tuxvision used as per Dreambox.sjerom to view and record, and BlazeDvd3.5 to playback. Viewing and playback both very good with picture and sound in sync. WMP did not work Intervidia WinDVD with picture breaking. Channels tried The Hit Channel (fta), Zik (via) and 40 Latino (S*ca2). Tried only to about 3minutes each time. Regards, pcd.
 

PCD

DB Magician
Messages
632
Likes
1
#3
Just to update, MTuxvision2.15 for recording and Videolan Player for playback tested working very well without problems for both fta and encrypted (via, tps,d+). Regards, pcd.
 

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Messages
6,641
Likes
212
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
#4
PCD said:
Just to update, MTuxvision2.15 for recording and Videolan Player for playback tested working very well without problems for both fta and encrypted (via, tps,d+). Regards, pcd.

Just so I understand: What you recorded you couls not stream back to the dreambox to watch on yout TV?
 

PCD

DB Magician
Messages
632
Likes
1
#5
T_G said:
Just so I understand: What you recorded you couls not stream back to the dreambox to watch on yout TV?
You are right in that so far I have watched it on the pc. It must be possible to watch it through the dreambox, I will try that next. But from the info I have read elsewhere the main problem was to get good quality mpeg2 files recorded from DB5620. That now seems to be ok. Regards, pcd.
 

gb2

Regular Member
Messages
48
Likes
0
#6
PCD said:
You are right in that so far I have watched it on the pc. It must be possible to watch it through the dreambox, I will try that next. But from the info I have read elsewhere the main problem was to get good quality mpeg2 files recorded from DB5620. That now seems to be ok. Regards, pcd.
I'm using Gemini 1.03 on my DB500, but I can't get mtuxvision0.2.15 working. It always crashes when I select a channel...

Besides Gemini, are there any other images that enable good streaming?
Hydra? Neutrino?
 

PCD

DB Magician
Messages
632
Likes
1
#7
gb2 said:
I'm using Gemini 1.03 on my DB500, but I can't get mtuxvision0.2.15 working. It always crashes when I select a channel...

Besides Gemini, are there any other images that enable good streaming?
Hydra? Neutrino?
I open mtuxvision, start (play) channel in the dreambox, select 'Record' in mtuxvision. That is all. Of course the Preferences have to be set first.

I have not tried other images for streaming so far.
 

PCD

DB Magician
Messages
632
Likes
1
#8
T_G said:
Just so I understand: What you recorded you couls not stream back to the dreambox to watch on yout TV?
For FTA channels, the Mtuxvision recorded file (associated for open/play with Vlc) can be played in the DB using CIFS. For encrypted channels, the Mtux file has to be converted to Mpeg1 for playing in the DB again with CIFS. Regards, pcd.
 
Top