STRMR Cpanel for downloads

PCD

DB Magician
Reaction score
@ T_G

Attached. Ftp to /var/etc.

For picons, select Setup-Expert Setup-Show service logo. No need for plugin, all inside image.

Any problem - please report. :)

Regard.

Attachments

• cpanel.xml.zip
    813 bytes · Views: 57

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
PCD said:
@ T_G

Attached. Ftp to /var/etc.

For picons, select Setup-Expert Setup-Show service logo. No need for plugin, all inside image.

Any problem - please report. :)

Regard.

Cheers mate!!

Just came back, will try it out and let you know :)

TG

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Hi PCD

Works ok with the cpanel, ´got it to work now!

Next question_: Is there a button on the remote for recording??

I can mount and playback without problems, but when I tried to record using the timer, there is no option for CIFS, only ngrab.

Regards, TG

PCD

DB Magician
Reaction score
T_G said:
Hi PCD

Works ok with the cpanel, ´got it to work now!

Next question_: Is there a button on the remote for recording??

I can mount and playback without problems, but when I tried to record using the timer, there is no option for CIFS, only ngrab.

Regards, TG

Sorry, what are you referring to ? "Mount and playback" with what ?

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
PCD said:
Sorry, what are you referring to ? "Mount and playback" with what ?

Hi PCD
I mount the dreambox to the hard drive in my computer (connnected through router and wireless LAN), and then I can record movies or whatever to my hard drive. I can then play them back on the dreambox (I think you know about this).
So what i've done with your image is enter all the details in the network/mounts, and pressed the "Mount" option and I got a message "mount OK". Then I played some pre recorded movies back, and it all worked ok.
What I cannot do though at this moment is to record using CIFS. I did use the CIFS option in the mount menu, but when trying to use the timer option the CIFS isn't there.

Hope this clears it up.

Ciao, TG

PCD

DB Magician
Reaction score
Hi T_G,

Obviously you have not been to the IHAD thread today. I have posted the following Hints. Streaming and recording on pc from the db is now perfect using TuxvisionR. No need for cifs. Installing TuxvisionR is simple if you follow the Readme. :)

Some hints:-

Download and install softcam : First select and save Common Interface in Softcam Setup to stop any running emulator.

Streaming to Dreambox : Start network streaming from VLC. Then start plugin Stream2db to see display on tv. Stream2db can handle any media that VLC can stream out. More advice in Readme, can be downloaded from here :-

h**p://www.dream-multimedia-tv.de/board/thread.php?threadid=2348

Watching and recording TV on pc : While the channel is on tv, start plugin StopTVplay. The screen will go dark. Then start your streaming client software on pc. TuxvisionR is recommended, details can be found here :-

h**p://www.dream-multimedia-tv.de/board/thread.php?threadid=3218

Crond :- Crond is set to start at boot. To stop crond from starting, comment out (insert # at the beginning of) the line with crond in file /var/etc/init. Cronjobs can be set by editing /var/etc/crontab. Alternative is to list the cron command in /var/etc/croncmd and then use Cronmanager.

Picons : Select Setup -> Expert Setup -> Show service logo. No need for plugin, all inside image. Some picons are available for download by cpanel. Any others, just add to folder /var/tuxbox/icon.

Regards, pcd.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Hi PCD

I just logged on here, so was not on IHAD. Actually, I prefer to stay here most of the time. I only go there once in a while to see if something is new...:p

Regarding the Tuxvision, I have it on the PC, and sometimes I use it to stream.

But for the recording issue: It seems to be very complicated to record the way you describe. With Gemini, Pli, and many other images all you need to do to record (and watch at the same time) is to press the Video button on the remote, and then the radio button. That's it, I am sure you are aware of this. That is usually done with Cifs.

Is there a reason why you went for that perticular method?

Thanks, TG :)

PCD

DB Magician
Reaction score
Hi,

Not Tuxvision, I was referring to TuxvisionR. New program. All other methods like cifs do not stream to pc well enough for recording when the bitrates are high, over 2500 kbit/s or so or with some emus. The picture breaks up. You must have found this. TuxvisionR has been developed from Tuxvision to stop this problem. With StopTVplay, it gives faultless recording. No other image or method can do this for the 5620 and 500. Once TuxvisionR is installed, it is a matter of just one click.

The STRMR images are especially developed for these purposes, but if you are happy already, what can I say ! :)

Regards, pcd.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Well, I will try it out for sure!

PCD

DB Magician
Reaction score
Certainly worth a try. You will see from the links : TuxvisionR - downloads 1026, Stream2db - downloads 610. Obviously ppl find them useful !