Strong 4375 Update Problem

league

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
London England
Hi

Have just updated 4375 reciever over air no problem, but now there's is a problem the reciever locks up on Kiosque encrypted channels, I am unable to change channels or do anything only switch off and start again.

Software shows it is dated 13th September 2002 v1.02 although v1.02 before, I thought might be corrupt software but on a retry says I have the latest software.

Anyone any thoughts before I put back the old software.

regards league

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Only a shot in the dark here as I'm not familliar with the receiver, but some of the Kiosque channels have changed frequencies, may be worth rescanning the transponder and see if that helps.

Burnt Chips

Overclocker Supreme & General Mad B*st*rd
Reaction score
My Location
sunny manchester (i wish )
I had a problem somthing of the same when i updated in June.
Mine would lock up on Hispsat. How i remidied was to wipe reciever and download again.(first time i used sat edit to save my config) also found simular probs on the strong forum, that was attributed to the download proccess. So before using original config, try downloading again. (10mins a load of bollocks always takes me an hour to download). DAVE.

league

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
London England
Thanks Rolf

Tried that, as some of the kiosque channels looked as if
no signal but rescanning had no effect because reciever was locking up on kiosque encrypted channels.

Don't know what the problem is must be something that kiosque does to the signal, and as usual strong hav'nt bothered to test the software or is this software incorporating a block on pirate cards although all the other channels are ok viasat and other on astra.

If I cannot solve the problem will revert to an earlier version

regards league

league

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
London England
Originally posted by Burnt Chips
I had a problem somthing of the same when i updated in June.
Mine would lock up on Hispsat. How i remidied was to wipe reciever and download again.(first time i used sat edit to save my config) also found simular probs on the strong forum, that was attributed to the download proccess. So before using original config, try downloading again. (10mins a load of bollocks always takes me an hour to download). DAVE.

Hi Dave

Just a thought you're suggestion to download again, unable to over air as message that I have the latest update installed, is it possible to force another download again, or do you have to download via laptop/pc.

regards league

Burnt Chips

Overclocker Supreme & General Mad B*st*rd
Reaction score
My Location
sunny manchester (i wish )
All you have to do is in (menu)
reset config:
it will then wipe all. (I know done it enough times)

PRINCE

Reaction score
My Location
uh::
Hi,

I experience the same problem sometimes. I think it is to do with the ECM that kiosque send out every now and then.It does affect the Echostar receiver even worse I have been told.

Regards

Prince