Strong SRT 4355

bigkenny

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo and Dreambox DM 518-S also a Technomate TM-6800HD using 1 metre dish with motor
My Location
North Wales
Can someone help me.

I`m using a Strong SRT 4355 Satellite receiver and its been working fine.
I`ve used it on a motor and in fixed dish all working ok.

I`ve never had my motor set up correctly (but I was only ever interested
getting a couple of Sat`s anyway)

Astra 19e
Astra 28e
Hotbird 13e

I`ve also used it in the fix position all ok. But to day I just want to put it on
16.0°E Eutelsat W2 in a fixed position without using a motor.

It will let me save it (I can see it scanning and picking up the channels)
but it will not let me save it. When I press the SAT button its only showing
the 3 sats :-

Astra 19e
Astra 28e
Hotbird 13e

Its not showing 16.0°E Eutelsat W2

Can anyone help me, thanks

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
In what way are you sure you are on 16 East if you cannot view the channels? What equipment are you using to determine that fact?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Try doing a factory reset, you may have exceded the channel storage space.

bigkenny

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo and Dreambox DM 518-S also a Technomate TM-6800HD using 1 metre dish with motor
My Location
North Wales
Topper said:
In what way are you sure you are on 16 East if you cannot view the channels? What equipment are you using to determine that fact?

I`m def` on it. I`m using a Rover meter (I set the freq` myself) Its scanning the ch`s in the receiver I can see them going in.

Its when I go to find the sat in the menu the sat is not there just the 3 other Sats Hotbird,Astra 19 and Astra 28.

I think its not saved it or if it has cannot get at it?? If anyone has the same Sat Receiver it would be good to talk through it with them its a Strong STR 4355 Evolution. I think I`m doing something wrong with the setup/menu.

But the Dish is 100% spot on 16e I`m sure of that

bigkenny

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North Wales
rolfw said:
Try doing a factory reset, you may have exceded the channel storage space.

well I only ever had 3 sat freq` in it but guess I have nothing to loose so will try it. I`ll let you know what I find

bigkenny

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North Wales
bigkenny said:
well I only ever had 3 sat freq` in it but guess I have nothing to loose so will try it. I`ll let you know what I find

GOT it after the factory reset I can see it. I was only getting a few CHs just 2 transponders even though there was a big list. With me doing a factory reset the Chs might not be updated. As says 2002 in the Strong info`

I`ve put some in manualy but its very long winded. As I`ve just bought a
DigitALB Card I only need the 5 main Ch`s (for the footy next season to get all ready, 12 months subs paid)

Is there no way I can put the lowest Freq (transponder) and work auto up to the highest with out putting each one in. But like I said not that I need it just for future ref` incase I move sat` chasing the footy incase it moves to another Sat`

First it was TPS via MR Cam then Art Card now this DigitALB card, still better than paying Sky £35+ just for the footy every month.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
bigkenny said:

First it was TPS via MR Cam then Art Card now this DigitALB card, still better than paying Sky £35+ just for the footy every month.

Glad your sorted

seemeon2000

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
hi
i am a digital sat. installer and want to be updated
My Location
nigeria
hi
i think u should make the quality of mana africa 72 degree to be at about 90 and above %and i think ur dish will be set for the channels u want

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
seemeon2000 said:
hi
i think u should make the quality of mana africa 72 degree to be at about 90 and above %and i think ur dish will be set for the channels u want

That does not even make sense on a Friday night:-rofl2