Strong SRT 4642 Specifications

gee777

Reaction score
I am looking for specs/brochure/user manual for the Strong SRT 4642.I have searched high and low and both Strong-Technologies.com and Strongsat.com do not mention this ird on their sites.

If you have an info on this ird please share it with me.It is supposed to be an irdeto-imbedded FTA receiver.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
gee777 said:
It is supposed to be an irdeto-imbedded FTA receiver.

Surely that is a contradiction of terms. An FTA (free to air) receiver will not have an embedded irdeto cam, otherwise it becomes a receiver that has the capability of decrypting iredeto encrypted transmissions with the correct subscription card thus can no longer be described as FTA. :-doh! :rolleyes:

slugworth

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
gsky v7
My Location
New England
The only info I could find was for the srt4640.

gee777

Reaction score
toppervte33h said:
Surely that is a contradiction of terms. An FTA (free to air) receiver will not have an embedded irdeto cam, otherwise it becomes a receiver that has the capability of decrypting iredeto encrypted transmissions with the correct subscription card thus can no longer be described as FTA. :-doh! :rolleyes:

This receiver opens up the channels on Nagra and it also accepts the irdeto smartcard.If anyone finds any info about it anywhere on the net please post the link here.I find it strange that Strong websites do not mention it!

slugworth

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
gsky v7
My Location
New England
It may be the srt4640 model with the smartcard slot added on?

gee777

Reaction score
slugworth said:
It may be the srt4640 model with the smartcard slot added on?

I checked with the shop again!Their model is Strong SRT 4642.They say that is is similar to Model -X2.They insists it is different from SRT 4640 which they say is similar to model -X.However apparently the name 'Strong' does not appear on the 'X' models.

More confusion for me but I will continue digging for more info because I am keen on the srt4642 -just can't figure out whether its' legit or not.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
gee777 said:
just can't figure out whether its' legit or not.

In that case if you cannot be sure and the supposed manufacturer is not upfront with information then surely you should stay away from it. :-doh!

gee777

Reaction score
toppervte33h said:
In that case if you cannot be sure and the supposed manufacturer is not upfront with information then surely you should stay away from it. :-doh!

Good idea.

boot_sectorz

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky X2, Beausat 2004 FTA Plus, Echostar LT-730, twinhan Vision Plus DVB Card. 90cm Nokia Dish, 1.8m Also Manhattan 9650 Analogue
My Location
Earth......... I hope!
gee777 said:
I checked with the shop again!Their model is Strong SRT 4642.They say that is is similar to Model -X2.They insists it is different from SRT 4640 which they say is similar to model -X.However apparently the name 'Strong' does not appear on the 'X' models.

More confusion for me but I will continue digging for more info because I am keen on the srt4642 -just can't figure out whether its' legit or not.

This is exactly like the Sky XX or S X2. Actually the manual is the same and even the operations for it are the same. The loader is the same as the Sky XX/ S model X/ S model XX, etc. The only difference is the patch. You can upload channel data, keys, etc on both receivers. The Srt 4642 will however not accept any patch file for XX. It says the incompatible version.

I'm still looking for the patch files for it. As soon as I find them I will post here on on the thread mentioned below. Also for more information, you can refer to the thread I started on S model X some time back http://www.satellites.co.uk/php-bin/forum/showthread.php?t=32659. It may have some interesting stuff for you.

gee777

Reaction score
boot_sectorz said:
This is exactly like the Sky XX or S X2. Actually the manual is the same and even the operations for it are the same. The loader is the same as the Sky XX/ S model X/ S model XX, etc. The only difference is the patch. You can upload channel data, keys, etc on both receivers. The Srt 4642 will however not accept any patch file for XX. It says the incompatible version.

I'm still looking for the patch files for it. As soon as I find them I will post here on on the thread mentioned below. Also for more information, you can refer to the thread I started on S model X some time back http://www.satellites.co.uk/php-bin/forum/showthread.php?t=32659. It may have some interesting stuff for you.

Man you rock!! This sounds like the staff I am looking for.Thanks a lot -will visit the thread you mentioned.

slugworth

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
gsky v7
My Location
New England
If you are good with jtag, you can jtag save SA34 and edit the product id
at address 3FD0 and 3FD1. Match the product id of the target .stb
at address 0010 and 0011 in the .stb file. Write the edited SA34 ONLY back
to the receiver. You can then load the .stb file from the different brand.
I think the skyx rev is up to 197p for N2 support.
Maxplus hts9300 is up to rev 157p.

boot_sectorz

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky X2, Beausat 2004 FTA Plus, Echostar LT-730, twinhan Vision Plus DVB Card. 90cm Nokia Dish, 1.8m Also Manhattan 9650 Analogue
My Location
Earth......... I hope!
Hi,
@ Gee777, Thanx!
Slugworth, Thanx for the info but unfortunately, I don't have the Jtag. I think I should learn Jtag I seem to need it more and more. Will look into it.
Fortunately a few googles got me stuff I wanted. Go to: h**p://www.croteam-sat.org/aploud/index.php then select Strong receivers, you get a really long page with patches. Just search for 4640. This is the same patch for 4642. Get the loader or use one of Blockhead's work for Sky X. Works well. Updated with it.
Good luck.