Strong srt4375 firmware LATEST!

J

jamie2001

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 14-Oct-01 AT 07:49 PM (GMT)]Hi,

I just received a new firmware upgrade for the strong srt4375 from a gentleman in the usa of all places!, he's been testing it on behalf of strong i believe along with a guy over here in the uk.
I have just installed it no problems and can report its great- especially as it now has a software update via satellite (astra)!!
So no more messing around with null modem cables!

If anyone would like the file please e-mail me at:

jamie@sirius-systems.co.uk

i would post it here its 876kb's though. Would this be ok moderators?
If so i will upload it.

Thanks go to Robert from north america. Bug reports please to:
nick@strong.com.ua

regards,

Jamie

PRINCE

Reaction score
My Location
uh::
Hi,

Can you please elaborate on the software working great, and also would it be possible to revert back to V1.02, if there is a problem with the software. I also try to upload the channel settings from the link you posted to my receiver, but keep getting error unable to upload file, even though I have used the same null modem cable previously when I upgrade to V1.02, have you got any suggestion on what I may be doing wrong.

Regards

Prince

J

jamie2001

Hi,

When i said the new firmware is working grat i meant that there was no apparent bugs, but also there is an update firmware via satellite feature in the new version (v1.02 october) you go to menu, select 'system set up' then select 'system upgrade' (make sure the dish is pointing at astra 19.2) then the receiver will check for upgrades and download them to your receiver via your dish. (takes around 15-30 minutes) as to whether it is possible to revert back to the previous v 1.02 thats no problem , but obviously you will need to do this via your null modem lead. I have successfully changed my firmware up and down between versions without any problem at all.

Regarding uploading a channel file, this is how you do it:

1)plug the null cable into your pc and receiver

2)plug in your receiver and turn it on (Do not press in the menu and exit buttons like you do for firmware upgrades)

3)then run srtlink

4)go to the box marked upload from pc to receiver browse to your channel file (a .dat file)

5)Click on start

6) Thats it, it should work fine!!

This method works for me, although there is absolutely nothing on the strong site with regards to doing this, i only managed to do it by trial and error .If you have any problems, try shutting down srtlink, unplugging the receiver and try again, but it does work.

Get any problems prince, get back to me and ill be happy to help.

Let me know if you want me to e-mail you the new firmware

regards,

PRINCE

Reaction score
My Location
Hi Jamie2000,

Thanks for your detailed instruction, it seems I was going wrong by pressing the menu and exit button as instructed on the strong site, can you please send me the firmware, my email address is jasper33@hotmail.com

Regards

Prince

J

jamie2001

No problem mate, i'm glad you got it working!, i must admit strong dont exactly make it easy. I have e-mailed this to strong but have yet to receive a reply! (they are normally quite quick in replying!)

Anyway the file is on its way.

Regards,

Jamie

PRINCE

Reaction score
My Location
Hi Jamie 2000,

Thanks for the file, I would install it tonight.

Regards

Jupiter

PRINCE

Reaction score
My Location
Hi Jamie 2001,

I installed the firmware and settings last night and it seems to be working great, the only exception is that it seems to describe all channel type as free, whereas the original version seems to recognise some as coded and it also got all this symbols beside some channel name which I haven't got a clue what they means,anyway thanks again I would email any feedback on it performance to the email address above.

Regards

Prince

J

jamie2001

Hi there,

I dont know what has happened to the coded/free channel describer as mine is fine- correctly showing if a channel is coded or not.

Maybe its worth trying to update it again?- use the update by satellite option, its so easy!!

regards,

jamie

J

jamie2001

Hi,

I have put the latest strong srt4375 firmware on some web-space.

You can get it here:

www.sirius-systems.com/downloads/4375.zip

Hope this is of help to someone.

Regards,

Jamie

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
According to posts in the Dutch Satnerds Strong forum, the new firmware has already appeared at Strong's site. Don't know for sure it's the same though.
http://www.satnerds.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3346

2old

farghaly999

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
strong 4630
please can anyone send me the firmware (programme to upload the patch) for receiver strong 4630