Strong srt6126 digital free to air receiver

ffa187

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
my satellite is a dual head satellite
my receiver is a strong srt6126
My Location
serbia
first of all hi to everyone.I m really not an expert in the world of satellite tv or receiver.I just bought my first receiver (which is an old model) because i moved to serbia to live and i wish to receive french tv and international channel.Someone has some information about this receiver and what i could do with it?
I have no idea of how to use it . I have a 2 head parabol and this reciver .If anyone know what my option to receive the maximum of channel you are welcome to explain me but please try to be easy on the technological part:confused i ll do my best to learn fast !:)

Thanks in advance to all who are interested to help me in my quest of the holy signal of my satellite receiver!
i attached some picutres of my receiver if someone is interested

Attachments

• Photo 52.jpg
    Photo 52.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 65
  • Photo 51.jpg
    Photo 51.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 56
  • Photo 50.jpg
    Photo 50.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 66

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
ffa187 said:
first of all hi to everyone.I m really not an expert in the world of satellite tv or receiver.I just bought my first receiver (which is an old model) because i moved to serbia to live and i wish to receive french tv and international channel.Someone has some information about this receiver and what i could do with it?
I have no idea of how to use it . I have a 2 head parabol and this reciver .If anyone know what my option to receive the maximum of channel you are welcome to explain me but please try to be easy on the technological part:confused i ll do my best to learn fast !:)

Thanks in advance to all who are interested to help me in my quest of the holy signal of my satellite receiver!
i attached some picutres of my receiver if someone is interested

Hello ffa187 and welcome.:)
First of all, are your dishes pointing to any satellites or you still have to align them?
Do you have an LNB installed on the dish and have a coaxial cable running to where your receiver is located?
Did you try to download the user guide of this model from the official Strong website?
The manual can help you a lot with your setup
Is this receiver a dedicated one used with a certain provider in Serbia or is a standard receiver that can be bought anywhere?
The reason I am asking about this last point is that if it is dedicated, then you will need a dedicated smart card inserted in order to get the receiver to work, even for FTA channels.
I had this problem when I bought a Cyfra+ Polish Strong receiver and it didn't work unless I inserted the smartcard. Also worked when the card expired.
When you have answered all these questions, I might be able to help you further.

ffa187

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
serbia
thanks a lot for your interest about my post i ll check all of this for tomoraw and answer point by point.I know that this receiver doesn t have card reader and i bought the receiver without aby contract of idea of what i ll do with it .the old owner told me that he could receive signal everywhere and in different country so let me untill tomoraw that i answer point by point
thanks again for your interest

ffa187

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
serbia
dear hb13dish , i reply to you from your yesterday mail about my settings:
I have a strong srt6126 receiver without the possibility to insert card.I bought it without any provider so i guess that he is free to all provider.
I do have an lnb installed on the dish (diseqc switch 470/2300 mhz type pmsw 222a) if it means something to you...
I connected yesterday this reciver to the dish ( 2 head)with a coaxial cable and tadammm-766 channnel appears!!
Most of them are scrambled and i can not acces them.the only satellite that i seem to receive is astra 1,2,3,4,5,6 but i don t have any signal with hotbird.
My question of the day is to know if :
Can i unscramble those channel that i cannot see from astra?and how?
Can i also receive hotbird?what i need to do?

Thanks in advance for your time interest and patience ...!

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
ffa187 said:

Only if you buy subscription cards - the Astra 19E services are all secure scrambled.

ffa187

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
serbia
thanks for your answer but if i buy card where can i put it my re"ceiver don t have slot for it... and what about hotbird?

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
ffa187 said:
dear hb13dish , i reply to you from your yesterday mail about my settings:
I have a strong srt6126 receiver without the possibility to insert card.I bought it without any provider so i guess that he is free to all provider.
I do have an lnb installed on the dish (diseqc switch 470/2300 mhz type pmsw 222a) if it means something to you...
I connected yesterday this reciver to the dish ( 2 head)with a coaxial cable and tadammm-766 channnel appears!!
Most of them are scrambled and i can not acces them.the only satellite that i seem to receive is astra 1,2,3,4,5,6 but i don t have any signal with hotbird.
My question of the day is to know if :

Thanks in advance for your time interest and patience ...!

Hi ffa187,
I tried to find the user guide manual for this receiver and it is attached here. It can help you with the setup.
First six pages are in English and the rest are for different languages.
Also see the last page. It has the receiver specifications.
You mentioned that you have two dishes. If one of them is Astra, then what is the other one pointing to?
It is possible that your setup is that you have Two (2) LNBs and they are connected to the Diseq Switch (see attached picture) NEAR THE DISH and the Diseq output has only one cable coming down to the receiver.
Please confirm if this this what you have as it could mean that you already have the second dish pointing to Hot Bird 13E, but you need to set it up correctly in the receiver, or it is already setup correctly, but you don't know how to change the menu to the other satellite. Read the manual, it will tell you how.
Can you attach a picture of the dishes, showing the LNBs and Diseq?
Thanks.

Attachments

• Echolite Diseq switch-3.png
    Echolite Diseq switch-3.png
    180.9 KB · Views: 48

ffa187

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
serbia
first of all i want to thanks you for the manual and for the time you spend to look for it , i ll check tonight what are my setting and tell you everything tomoraw i really appreciate your help thanks again!

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
ffa187 said:
thanks for your answer but if i buy card where can i put it my re"ceiver don t have slot for it... and what about hotbird?

No slot = no card = free channels only!

Hotbird will require some additional equipment

ffa187

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
serbia
thanks again can you explain me what i need for hotbird?

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
ffa187 said:
thanks again can you explain me what i need for hotbird?

You probably don't need anything more. Just attach a picture of the dishes, LNBs and diseq.