Strong4375 favourites

guardian

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
pj::
Can any Strong owners.suggest what I may have inadvertently done,because I seem to have lost the use of the favourites button.When I press it nothing happens.Have I switched it off in some way? Or is my remote at fault?But it works fine in all other respects.Has anyone ideas?
Regards Guardian

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
[updated:LAST EDITED ON 04-Jul-02 AT 00:19 AM (GMT)]If you have the Milky Bar remote, theres a good chance its on the blink

Where did you get the receiver from (dont forget under English and maybe European law you have a 2 year guarantee) ?

guardian

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Thanks for the reply.I do have the white remote,but that's the first time I've heard it called the 'milky bar'.I bought it from a London mail order shop.I'm not allowed to name it on the forum.am I?
Regards guardian

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
[updated:LAST EDITED ON 04-Jul-02 AT 09:11 PM (GMT)]Yes you are guardian, its only unmitigated commercial promotion that isn't allowed. If web traders are good or bad, its of benefit to all to hear about it.

Rolf

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Think I know the one then

Ask for an advance replacement, it should not cost you anything

and your name on their records at the same address should show you are not likely to do a runner

What software version is in the receiver ?

guardian

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Channelhopper
According to the menu ,the firmware is V1.02 dated March22 2001 and the Bootstrap the same V1.02.The receiver was bought from Myers Audio .But I have noticed that when I press the favourites button the red light comes on in the receiver panel,which would suggest that the remote is sending a signal,so perhaps the fault lies elsewhere
guardian

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Might be worth taking it to the shop and see if you can operate one of their 4375s then

Unless corruption has damaged your hardware in a way that makes the favourite function inoperative, (and I would not suggest clearing down the memory until trying out the remote at Myers), your only choice would be a firmware upgrade , after storing the channel list into the PC.

Then again I believe V1.2 is the later firmware anyway so you could only erase and reprogramme to the same version, and with possibly the same fault reoccuring

What have Strong Holland said ?

guardian

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Channel Hopper
Thanks for the reply.As I live in West Yorks ,Ican't take the remote to the shop and I don't fancy sending it by post .However I do know someone who has a Strong4375,I will ask him to try my remote on his set or let me try his on mine.
I had not thought of e-mailing Strong in Holland but I will send one and see what they say
Thanks once again
guardian

Burnt Chips

Overclocker Supreme & General Mad B*st*rd
Reaction score
My Location
sunny manchester (i wish )
[updated:LAST EDITED ON 07-Jul-02 AT 10:32 PM (GMT)]Guardian have you tried updating software(latest is june)go to astra 13e then enter menu,and reprog menu/update; also there is a Strong
4375 forum at www.sirius-systems.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi ,help is always available there.

guardian

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
burnt chips

Thanks for the info,I will give it a try.I have e-mailed Strong ,I will wait to see if they reply
Regards Guardian

guardian

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
To Channel Hopper& Burnt Chips

Received reply from Strong. they say 'try resetting to factory default settings and retuning all channels and retune favourites' I haven't done so yet,but let you know when I try
Guardian

PRINCE

Reaction score
My Location
uh::
Hi,

I tried the favourites button on my Strong 4375, and it seems it doesn't respond if you have not set up any favourite channel, try and go into the channel edit, and confirms that you have definetely set it up, it might be worth setting up additional channels as favourites and then test whether the button works.

Regards

Prince

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Dear BC

I see from that forum you are still trying to flog (off) your better half

I still have a 4375 that failed to work out of the box here in the office, as Jamie the moderator needs a SCSI hard drive for his PC then maybe the repair can be made as a swop.

Burnt Chips

Reaction score
My Location
Grass Hopper why didn`t you ship it back? I aquired mine in the same way, The dude who bought it couldn`t get it to work,i bought it from him, returned to myres, got this 1 (only set me back £150) what a bargain: cannot fault it, and i`m tellin you ive tested it,I had the eeprom out after only 5 mins trying to tune to tv and set wrong
channel.(dont go by Burnt-Chips) for no reason.I will have a word with Jamie about a scsi HD shit loads for sale at Bowlers near me.
DAVE.

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Dear BC

Send it back to who ?

I used to distribute Strong equipment (up to the year of the 4375) and was asked to undertake the repairs of ALL Strong made equipment in the UK as part of the contract, whether we had sold it or not.

We ended up with another dealer nearby passing all their enquiries onto us once they realised it was part of our distribution agreement, but before we knew that there was another dealer in the country that had set up shop with Strong. I almost went under when it materialised we had to source the parts directly from the manufacturers in Korea.

Anyhow this unit was one that was swopped out for a Strong 4200 when it was found to be a dud one from the box, so whilst Ive lost money in travel (man still owes me a chinese sit down dinner) the receiver hasnt cost me anything so far, and Id like to keep it that way. If I sent it back to Holland then thats money, unless you know who touches them in the UK with no quibble 2 year warranty repair

Burnt Chips

Reaction score
My Location
No i dont?.Myers is where me m8 bought i just stated i bought from him.As he was trade i guess they had me down as retail and honoured manufactors guarentee. (Guess yer not a STRONG fan then) I know some time ago you stated that the Strong reciever is a badged clone, i personaly Cannot fault the 4375, and have not come across a simpler unit to use.(If Chapperel did a Didgital reciever Uk spec) i would definatly be tempted to wander, as for echostar ,had a 3000ip, spent all me time looking for Hotbird, Hummies were too expencive,and badged itself, Didnt know strong was korean(thought its dutch)
DAVE.

guardian

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Prince

Hi
Tried your suggestion,but no joy I'm afraid.

Thanks all the same
Guardian