Stuck In Standby Mode on sky plus pace 3000

darren134

Reaction score
Hi can anyone help me out please?

I have the older model of Sky plus, over the past few months its been freezing so there for we have had to switch if off at the mains. When we switch the system back on the red light seems to be really bright where normaly its dim. When the red light is realy bright the system is stuck. I have tried to leave the box off for 24 hours i have tried leaving the box on for sevral hours but it doesnt seem to clear the problem. I have spoken to sky and then told me to do a reset by using the back up button on the front of the screen this does nothing.

This has happened a few times over the pst couple of months but we have either left the box on and its sorted its self out or we have turned it off for a few hours.

Can any of you guys tell me whats going on and what i should try to sort out this problem.

One other thing when its stuck in stand by and i press some of the buttons on the front screen the green light appears fainting on the far left handside where the lights turn in a circle in play mode.

Thank you for your help and taking the time to read my post.

iblackash

Reaction score
Website
www.housesale.co.nr
My Satellite Setup
Sky+,Toshiba Laptop, Wireless Network
My Location
Norfolk, UK
Had the same problem early this year.
Opened the sky+ box up and checked the hard drive connection was not loose and pushed down fully.
Hope this helps
:-snowman Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year:-hny

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
LOl,that one slipped through the net ibacklash, I guess he must have got it sorted though by now, but all information gleaned from personal experience is helpful. :)

I would add that many of the problems with the Sky+ receivers are hard drive related, even when they initially would not appear to be. :)

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
No problem at all, it is always good to get information. Someone else with a similar problem will doubtless come up with this thread in a google search and now they will find a potential answer to their problem which wouldn't have been there before.. :)

PS. Welcome to the forum.:D

paulfoel

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
pc
My Location
uk
darren134 said:
Hi can anyone help me out please?

I have the older model of Sky plus, over the past few months its been freezing so there for we have had to switch if off at the mains. When we switch the system back on the red light seems to be really bright where normaly its dim. When the red light is realy bright the system is stuck. I have tried to leave the box off for 24 hours i have tried leaving the box on for sevral hours but it doesnt seem to clear the problem. I have spoken to sky and then told me to do a reset by using the back up button on the front of the screen this does nothing.

This has happened a few times over the pst couple of months but we have either left the box on and its sorted its self out or we have turned it off for a few hours.

Can any of you guys tell me whats going on and what i should try to sort out this problem.

One other thing when its stuck in stand by and i press some of the buttons on the front screen the green light appears fainting on the far left handside where the lights turn in a circle in play mode.

Thank you for your help and taking the time to read my post.

Exactly what I'm getting....

HD seems to spin up but red light just stays on and nothing else happens. Fan does not run or anything. And i get the lights on the front like the OP.

checked all the connections etc. Even tried a new HD (no joy).

This has been happening on and off for a while. Whenever you power it off it takes a while to come back on. Need to mess about with it for ages.

Any ideas ?

Could it be overheating or something?

RedDevil_UK

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S, VU+ Solo2, 1.1m Dish, Moteck SG-2100A DISEQC Motor
My Location
Rochdale
im getting it too :(

something else that my box does (Amstrad 80gig) is that when i goto my planner to look at recordings, it just says please wait??? for ages, nothing happens so i turned the power off, then i couldnt get the bloody box back on!!! same as above stuck in standby.

after power on off on off on off and fiddling with buttons all the way.... i got it to come back on, more luck than anything else... but at least i can play my recording now :)

ive had the box for less than a month, i was thinking of ringing sky

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ Pace v3, and before that analouge 80cm dish with Prima by Pace box pointed at 19.2e (not very imaginative then!)
My Location
Colchester, Essex
I've always found the best thing to do (and I'm lucky, my box is well behaved!) is if something happens, ie it locks up, planners starts going funny , is to turn off the box, unplug from the mains, wait 30 seconds, put plug back in a turn on main plug, then leave the box while it makes lots of noise, and when the noise has completely stop (you'll know it has cos it sounds like its switched off again!), then turn the box on again. IF, and this has only happened once to me, it does not turn on, just unplug again and do as above. The box eventual does what its told and works!

Of course, you can always do the housekeeping option on the installer menu, but I dont like messing about with that, just fails like your tempting fate playing with that too much, but I've done that twice I think and its cleared up problems.