Stuck Now - Please Help

hi2shy

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Last week I put up my 1m dish on a STAB motor. 3 days later I had a note through my door, saying that I need planning permission !! I can only thank my neighbours for that.

Now I'm stuck, do I pay £150+VAT for planning permission, or do I get an 80cm or 85cm dish? I also have the old Hyundai HSS-800ci receiver with an Aston 1.05 CAM.

I have been advised that an 85cm dish would be sufficient to pick up most channels on most of the popular satellites (eg Hotbird, Thor, Astra etc), would this be correct?

In terms of a receiver, I was looking at the MVISION E+ FCIS-7000 as I could also use my Aston CAM with this receiver. Do I need the Aston CAM anymore and could I pick up a better receiver?

I am looking for a receiver that is cheap, has embedded CAMS as well as slot(s) as well as being able to be updated via laptop / broadband.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
If a neighbour has ratted on you, make sure that if you do change the dish, change it for the maximum legal size, so 90cm is better. Also make sure that it is much brighter in colour than the one they complained about. :)

You don't say who the note is from, is it on local council headed paper?

You can always tell them that as far as you were aware and according to the guidelines given, that your 90cm dish did not excede the maximum. ;)

PS. the receivers of the moment appear to be the Technomates, flashable, plus some models have CI slots.

hi2shy

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
The note was from the council on letterheaded paper. I have spoken to the council and told them it was 90cm. They said it was too big anyway !! Damn !! The paperwork I got from the council says that any dish 90cm and over requires planning permission.

Are the Technomate's good then? Any model number you would recommend?

Also, can I make use of the old Aston 1.05 CAM?

Where can I get these loud multicoloured dishes from anyway?? Do you think it will make much difference between an 80cm dish and an 85cm dish? The only reason I ask is that someone has an 80cm dish spare.

Thanks for the quick reply RolfW !!

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
hi2shy said:
The note was from the council on letterheaded paper. I have spoken to the council and told them it was 90cm. They said it was too big anyway !! Damn !! The paperwork I got from the council says that any dish 90cm and over requires planning permission.

Are the Technomate's good then? Any model number you would recommend?

Also, can I make use of the old Aston 1.05 CAM?

Where can I get these loud multicoloured dishes from anyway?? Do you think it will make much difference between an 80cm dish and an 85cm dish? The only reason I ask is that someone has an 80cm dish spare.

Thanks for the quick reply RolfW !!

I would put up the 80cm one, then after a while take it down and put up the 90 one, when no one is watching you know.