stuck on astra 19

chinna

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 Metre Dish, Diseqc 1.2 Motorized H-H Motor, technomate 1500 CI+
My Location
UK
I was re ligning my dish today. With true south etc. At the moment I am getting astra 19 now. clearly at quality level 75%. If i check the signals for the other sats i get 75% for arabsat 26 e and the same for nilesat 7 w. But when i go on these I can not get the fta channels even if my receiver is patched probellar need a cam i think. I get a signal for hotbird around 50% but not stable.
Any ideas guys as what i should do?

J

Jeff_19341

Is your dish moveing? I really cannot believe those quality levels on Arabsat & Nilesat. Loads of people in the UK struggle to get any kind of reception from those two.

chinna

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
at it present postion I am getting those quality levels for the sateilites but when i try to select it and go on to the channels . I can't get anything. I am not moving the dish.

chinna

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Even I find it weird, how does it pick up the signals for 3 sateilites in one postion. i can only view the channles on astra 19 out of the 3.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Your not getting 3 satellites - various birds in different slots use the same frequencies. Rescan on of the "odd" ones and you will get the channels on 19E on it :D

chinna

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Analoguesat said:
Your not getting 3 satellites - various birds in different slots use the same frequencies. Rescan on of the "odd" ones and you will get the channels on 19E on it :D

yes u are right mate.
I can get atra 19 e. if i move the dish slightly i should be able to get 13 e hotbird but i can not.
does that mean my alignment is totally crap.?

J

Jeff_19341

Analoguesat beat me to it:D
Have you saved any satellites in the satellite set up box?
Have you put your latitude and longitude into the receiver, that is if you are useing usals?
Why are you trying to find channels on the two weakest birds before you check out the rest of the satellites in the arc?
Have you received and saved any channels from any of the satellites other than 19east?
If you do not m,ove the dish you will not be able to pick up any other satellites.
Have you read and understood the motor and receiver handbook?
Off to make a pot off tea to calm down:-doh!