Stupid question from a n00b.

phildamb

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
65cm dish. Televes' receivers
My Location
North Liverpool
Hello all first post here.

Bought a budget system the other day its all up on the wall and running but! We cant seem to get any english stations (such as BBC and that). Now I know you need to get Astra 2D to get BBC but only seem to have options for Astra 1a/1b and 2A on the reciever.

Receivers = Televes RSD 7129.
Dish = 65cm.

Sharkadder

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 8000 HD PVR+DVD, 80cm Dish, 1.2 Compatible Motor, Quad LNB, Samsung 22" 1080p HD TV/monitor, Yamaha RX-V765 Amplifier, Tannoy Mercury FC Centre Speaker, 2 x Tannoy F1 Custom Speakers, 2 x Tannoy FR Custom Speakers, EPOS ELS Sub Woofer
My Location
Teesside (North East England)
you should have the choice for astra 2 built in, well you usally do.

sometimes you can add satellites manually so astra 2 is 28.8 East so just add a new satellite, point the dish to 28.8 and see what you get, but read in the manual about adding a new satellite. it should work

EDIT

sorry i noticed you can pick astra 2 up, it cannot be a problem with the dish size because 65cm is more than big enough as ive picked astra 2 up with a 35cm. The channels should all show up on astra 2 including the british ones, maybe somebody can explain how to manually add the satellites but surely you should be able to pick the rest up with that 65cm, my guess is that receiver isnt english because astra2D channels should of been installed

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
IF you are aligned onto 28E then you probably have some (quite a few) frequencies missing. Add in the extra stuff you have missing using this chart:

http://www.flysat.com/28east.php

If you are getting foreign stuff then you are aligned onto the wrong satellite!

phildamb

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North Liverpool
Analoguesat said:
IF you are aligned onto 28E then you probably have some (quite a few) frequencies missing. Add in the extra stuff you have missing using this chart:

http://www.flysat.com/28east.php

If you are getting foreign stuff then you are aligned onto the wrong satellite!

Cheers will have a look through that..dont think the receiver itself is that easy to use but think the dish is locked onto the wrong satellite as I dont think we actually have any proper english channels lots and lots of payment required channels.

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
28.2 has lots of not-free channels. Do you get BBC1?

Perhaps you're poimted at 19.2E?

phildamb

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North Liverpool
mhku said:
28.2 has lots of not-free channels. Do you get BBC1?

Perhaps you're poimted at 19.2E?

It seems theirs a good chance I am since we dont see any BBC other than world service.

Robxxx7

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Shuttle PC 2.8ghz
Sky Star 2
80cm Dish and Moteck SG2100
My Location
Co.Kerry Long 9.90 W Lat 52.11 N
definately sounds like you are aligned to 19.2E ... you will probably need to move the dish another 9 degrees to the east

phildamb

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North Liverpool
right we have made the adjustment to what I think is 28.2E now but still no real channels I have tried adding an extra satellite to the box but it asks for settings I cant find the values to all parts. This is a picture of the manual see if anyone can make sense of it...to say Im lost is an understatement...:-doh!

http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/650/untitled1om6.jpg

phildamb

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North Liverpool
right scrap that....found out how to put the settings in and it seems we arent aligned properly so may have to pay someone to come out and do that for us since the little metre we have doesnt seem to be doing us much good...