Subscribe to orbit in the UK

megatron

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fantacy ip7000
80cm Dish
My Location
ENGLAND
Hi, I have a Irdeto2 compatible receiver and I am able to get a strong signal from AT2 I want to subscribe to orbit Mega, on the orbit website it will only allow subscribing to Orbit Alpha package if youre in the uk,

I have also contacted adila sat but had no response, does anyone know of a current Distributor in the uk that would let me subscribe normally to orbit mega on a continuose monthly subscription bases because i dont want to worry about having to get the card renewed every 6 month

I would appreciate any help

Thanks

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
You would need a middle east address if you want the full package. One of our other forum members has been after Orbit Megas for a while and hasnt got anywhere.

megatron

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fantacy ip7000
80cm Dish
My Location
ENGLAND
Thanks guess Il have to stick with sly

R

Rd100

loads of dealers in the yuk i have the full package myself but you would be better of with a large dish on 25.5 east as there i not alot of channels on AB2 8'W

For dealers just click on subscribe on th eorbit website then click on th e UK then on dealers

Turok

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1,25 Fibostop
Jäger Smr 1224 & Smo 36 Dual Axsis Motor
Dynasat F1
Monterey 140
Drembox 800
sky Pace HD Box
Tagra 2,20 M Fullsize Dish
Echostar 2,40m Mesh for cband!
My Location
Austria
what kind of irdeto 2 reveiver ,is orbit now using?
is it also a modell,that comes with build in smart card,like the old philpihs box?
or is there a seperatly orbit smartcard availble now?
will seca swich off in near future?

megatron

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fantacy ip7000
80cm Dish
My Location
ENGLAND
Hi, thanks for the replies, I have already tried to contact teh dealers but Iv had no response from the two main ones and the rest I cant find orbit on their websites and a couple of sites havent been updated since 2005, if you wouldnt mind me asking could someone pm me details of a current distributor in the uk thats still distributing orbit

I would really appreciate it:-worship

R

Rd100

Go to _www.orbit.net click on subscripion click on the uk and it gives a list,

Also the orbit site is updated all the time,

megatron said:
Hi, thanks for the replies, I have already tried to contact teh dealers but Iv had no response from the two main ones and the rest I cant find orbit on their websites and a couple of sites havent been updated since 2005, if you wouldnt mind me asking could someone pm me details of a current distributor in the uk thats still distributing orbit

I would really appreciate it:-worship

R

Rd100

The are in the middle of changing over i have both the philips xd300 with internal seca 1.5 card also i have the new orbit irdeto viewing card and a orbit humax xd200 receiver buy you can use the card in any receiver if you want,

Turok said:
what kind of irdeto 2 reveiver ,is orbit now using?
is it also a modell,that comes with build in smart card,like the old philpihs box?
or is there a seperatly orbit smartcard availble now?
will seca swich off in near future?

megatron

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fantacy ip7000
80cm Dish
My Location
ENGLAND
THanks rd100, this time I contacted the distributors through the orbit site so hopefully I will be able to get hold of one

megatron

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fantacy ip7000
80cm Dish
My Location
ENGLAND
Just been advised that I can only subscribe to orbit alpha, orbit mega not available in the uk & also I was adviced that irdeto card is not avaialable for the uk only philips xd300

:( It seems like new customers cant get orbit mega any more in the uk so if youve already got a sub keep onto it

wingnut96

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Orbit Philips XD300 decoder

HP DV9500 laptop
My Location
Yank in Middle East
Well this looks like a good place to post. I borrowed a friends Orbit XD300 when he left due to illness. I contacted Orbit (maybe Saudi or UAE) who finally helped me out but I've never really gotten a good signal with this thing even after paying the 6 month user fee. I set it up on his original LNB and I could get black and white signal with snow. I started messing with the decoder and even that left so all I get is scrolling LED figure 8 telling me I've lost signal. Took it over to his neighbors place who was on the same dish and still nothing even though I was hooked to the same coax that he had clear color on. I'm thinking this decoder is toast but was hoping to find means to review setting through the USB port save. Just not sure what program would be used for this purpose. Thought about Telnet but this Vista Microsoft doesn't seem to have this feature anymore.

There are about 6 of us here on this one camp (that I know of but sure others would like cable also) and while we can contact the Orbit people down south, we can't get a Bagdad installer to even continue contact. I asked if this was a good email address and he responded. My next email about him coming to camp to install have gotten us no where. All we want to do is get the equipment and then we can install it ourselves but can't get an answer. Any one know of a solution to other service providers? Owners manuals that will help me trouble shoot what is going on with this thing? I did find one pdf manual that looks like it would be the same device but closer review shows it to be a different decoder. Not trying to hack anything just repair and see what's going on with this crazy thing.

Thanks,
Wing

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3m(28.2E),1.5m(19.2E.13E,10E),1m (4W ,7W)1m (?).diseqc 10,sky plus,VU+,telergy iptv.
Satlook nit colour + Horizon hdsm.
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
Ditch Orbit and go for Showtime

wingnut96

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Orbit Philips XD300 decoder

HP DV9500 laptop
My Location
Yank in Middle East
zorba said:
Ditch Orbit and go for Showtime

Tell me more please. I'll search but do they sell complete systems in Iraq? Thanks!

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
wingnut96 said:
Tell me more please. I'll search but do they sell complete systems in Iraq? Thanks!

Here is a link to the Showtime Package details
http://www.satellites.co.uk/satellite/showtime-middle-east/106176-showtime-package.html
If you are located in Iraq, you can order from the website (choose correct location first) just the smartcard and then with a dish pointing to Nilesat 7W and an Irdeto receiver, you should be able to open the channels in the package option that you paid for.
Or you can also order their dedicated receiver.
Would be interesting to see if they refuse your application or refer you to a local authorized distributor.

ReMoNvc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Satellite Dish 1.8m My Receiver is Strong 4620X
My Location
Cairo EGYPT
Mr : Analoguesat is i put a software to open Show Time & Other Channels in the forum is it contrary to the forum's Rules ?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Very much agaiinst the rules! Which you would know if you had read them properly!

DO NOT post software of any sort that can open channels on this forum!

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3m(28.2E),1.5m(19.2E.13E,10E),1m (4W ,7W)1m (?).diseqc 10,sky plus,VU+,telergy iptv.
Satlook nit colour + Horizon hdsm.
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
Don't post them,just give us a clue where to find them:)

orb8

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
FERGUSON 8900
120CM DISH
SKY HD
IPBOX 422s
My Location
UK
Hi every1, I just wanted to ask if orbit is leaving atlantic 8w, im subscribed to orbit but I can only receive the signal from 8w

ad appreciate any info regarding this

thanks