Subtitles and PVRs

John T

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
60cm dish, dual LNB, Topfield TF5010PVR
My Location
North Staffordshire England
I posted here about problems I had with the Humax PVR9100 with subtitles. I have now replaced that box with a topfield TF5010PVR and am pleased to say that it deals with subtitles as the Sky box, that is they are always on once selected and are rendered correctly. I thought I would post this as there may be others who need subtitles.
Finally I would like to say that David of Satellitesuperstore.com from whom I sourced both boxes was very helpful throughout.
Thanks to everyone who replied to my query.

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
Thanks for the update John, glad you're sorted.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Yes, a useful contribution indeed :-thumbup

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
It's always nice to hear when a something has turned out right in the end and when a company has done the right thing.

Thanks for the posting.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
To be honest, the whole issue of subtitles has passed me by, but this has encouraged me to check the whole thing out with respect to those viewers that have a distinct requirement for them.

Have you made any findings (other than you've already mentioned) or observations regarding subtitles in general that you'd care to share here?

STICK