Suddenly no write access on my DB7025??

sogge

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DB7025S
My Location
Denmark
Hi' there,

I'm running Gemini 2 ver. 3.00 and had no problem until yesterday when I installed CIFS to use my PC as a remote HDD. Everything runs OK, and I've no problem recording to the HDD, but suddenly I seem to have lost all write access to the DB7025S. I can connect via Telnet and FTP, logging in as "root" (as I've always done), and I can read everything and even transfer files from the DB to my PC, but NOT the other way around.

Any ideas ?

:-) sogge

dig deep

Prince of Birthdays
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dream7020 and AZ Elite and a few DM800
My Location
Sweden
Did You check how much memory U have ?

billnot

Growing Old Disgracefully
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Famaval 3,1, IP9000HD plus other FTA and Linux boxes - Astra 1&2, Hotbird, Hispasat
My Location
Benitachell, Alicante, Spain
In the telnet session, run df to make sure your /dev/root filesystem isn't full (which is what I think dig_deep meant) and if that's OK, run mount to check nothing has suddenly started loading itself read-only.

sogge

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DB7025S
My Location
Denmark
Thx for the replies! Nothing seemed to help, so I've now flashed the image and reinstalled the remote HDD. Now everything runs smoothly - thx again.

:-) Sogge

sogge

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DB7025S
My Location
Denmark
Hi' again,

The problem reoccurs now! The Gemini crashes when trying to stop/rebbot the system! I think this is the reason I can't write to the DB. My /dev/root is used 66%. Any ideas what to do?

I'd like to avoid having to flash the DB every time something goes wrong. Is it possible to make some kind of customised image to flash the DB with that will contain all my settings? Of course this image has to be saved when the system i stable - I realize that!

:-) Sogge