sugestions

john0745

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
broadband. cable
My Location
scotland,north lanarkshire
hello, im in central scotland,and looking to buy a satelite package, any sugestions,im new to this, and would apreciate any info u can spare. specialy what type of card/cards to purchase, thank u.

Satslut

Dumb Satellite Babe
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5500CIP
Force 1145S
Pace 2600
SS2 pci & USB
Channel master 1.8m
1.2m & HH motor
AMD 64 bit, Linux & Windows XP2
My Location
Ibiza, Spain
2 ways to go, first a receiver with embedded cams where you update the embedded cam with a computer + RS232 cable and update the key codes with the receivers remote control, great as long as the receiver and computer are in reach of each other.

Secondly a receiver + cam + cas2 interface, with this system you update a cam plugged into the cas 2 interface which is in turn coupled to the computer via USB port and update the key codes via the remote as before.

A cam is a device which de-scrabbles the providers encrytion so you can view the channels. A cas2 interface is a device which enables you to write new software onto the cam. A key code, putting it simply is a row of numbers which is changed by the providers every so often, which you can change to suit, very simply with the receivers remote control.

I prefer to use external cams because major changes to software seem to be more readily available. Several different cams are about, I prefer matrix revolution myself, so best you ask around before making up your mind.

john0745

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
broadband. cable
My Location
scotland,north lanarkshire
thank u for your time satslut.. very much apreciated. x