Suggestions on receivers

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
7020s
My Location
UK
Right its a lovely day the sun is shinning just got a sat meter and h2h motor so i went to set it up...

The pole 100% vertical got me lats and longs sorted etc... plugged the receiver back in with my band spanky new meter and low and behold my starlight 5800 falls over and goes legs up (Boot problem). I've had it for 2 years though...

Anyhow onwards and upwards I'm looking for suggestions on a new box I quite like the idea of the mini dreambox and I guess that the best one for getting the most out of the system? Any ideas?

I know a few of my mates swear by ecostar but I thourght as i've got some knowledge of techy things and read some of the db tutorials on this forum and other sites it seems the way to go... Still not sure if i should go for the large 7020 or the nice mini 500 something??? Tips and suggestions would be appreciated.

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
I've got the 500 and it works fine, connected to my PC via my network so can record films to my hard-drive. Bit of a learning curve but once it's working it's fairly stable and easy to update. And at around £100 you've not spent a lot if you don't like it.

HTH

:)

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
7020s
My Location
UK
OK.... so the next question!

Wheres the cheapest place to get one?

mhku said:
I've got the 500 and it works fine, connected to my PC via my network so can record films to my hard-drive. Bit of a learning curve but once it's working it's fairly stable and easy to update. And at around £100 you've not spent a lot if you don't like it.

HTH

:)

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
radioactivesmartie said:
OK.... so the next question!

Wheres the cheapest place to get one?
Wherever mkhu got his I presume. £100? I haven't seen one for that price though.