Suitable Multi Setup-Middle East

My Satellite Setup
Sky
My Location
Saudi
Hi Guys and Girls. Looking to set up a Multi Sat System here in the desert! I work in this 'great'?? place but need more euro content. The friends from across the Atlantic seem to be well catered for but my 'site' is a bit limited. We have some DSTV/Arab channels 'piped in' (cable but would like more!) Have access to the Hotbird suite useing a very simple reciver (no card/cam slot) useing a very cheap 'Sat Crusier DSR 101 Ace' box provided with a dish (size not sure?? installed by a very nice Jingley - read 'not of Arab origin'!!. I can update various software keys (Polsat) via the remote but there a lot of channels on these 'Birds' that are not 'available' due to ....blah blah blah! Need advice on what would be a good setup to watch much more...and what other sats are avail and what equipment would be good to purchaseeee! Ta very much in advance.

chasb441 :rolleyes:

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Sorry for the delay in replying, you may find that there is a new unofficial firmware available for your receiver, a scan through the Receiver Software section may produce some info. If not, then you may wish to look at a more flexible receiver, perhaps something like the Dreambox, which can be directly linked to your PC for updating.

My Satellite Setup
Sky
My Location
Saudi
Thanks for the advice Rolf. Will look for the mentioned updates and i had thought about a new receiver and the Dreambox sounds just the ticket!! although there is a lot of info on this item to read up on!!! will wade through your great forum ....thanks

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Providing that you are reasonably au fait with computers then joning the dreamers will be a beneficial experience. :)