Suitcase Dish

Starbuck617

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+
My Location
Central UK
I'm totally new at this game.

I was wondering if you can plumb in your Sky box to the suitacse dish from maplins and what kind of reception you will get.

I'm looking at putting one on my mobile road block(caravan) and will take all advise.

I have Sky, but wasn't sure about the decoder with the package.

Many thanks

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The dish will be fine for the UK, but you may struggle with some channels when moving away from the UK.

The receiver will only get you free to air channels like BBC and ITV, but you won't be able to watch any of the Sky package or Channels 4 and 5, as they are all encrypted and require a Sky digibox and subscription card.

Starbuck617

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+
My Location
Central UK
Thanks for the reply.

I'd caught that on one of the other threads,

I was just wandering if attaching a sky box to the dish presented any problems, then i could get the full range of channels

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You should have no problems in doing that, you would of course need to use a twin LNB for the Sky+ facilities to work properly, although live pause should be fine.

Starbuck617

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+
My Location
Central UK
Many thanks,

I just wanted to be sure before i got one. Not to bothered about the live pause so it should do the job.

Thanks once again